Chapter Nineteen "Unforgettable"

I really was in no mood when Ace slung his "muscular" arm around my shoulder. Notice how I said "muscular" none of them were that strong, they were kinda like alley cats, lean and mysterious.

"You look different," he winked at me and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah and you're still ugly," I ducked under his arm and he huffed in frustration. The guys stifled their laughter and I stood back by them.

"I don't know who the fuck you think you're talking to," he gripped my shoulders and I almost laughed at his attempt to make my scared.

"Please don't touch me, I don't want any of the diseases you are carrying," I said looking him straight in the eye and he picked me up and swung me over his shoulders.

A few things were shouted from the boys, along the lines of "put her down." It didn't really faze me, I knew he was only fucking around with me because he knew he would get the boys angry about that.

I had a few tricks up my sleeve, I think they were forgetting who the hell I was. "Put her down Ace or I swear to God I will fucking kill you," Ace stopped and found this hilarious, bursting out into laughter, coming from you know who, Chris. Eyeball laughed nervously and I shot him a glance which he returned with a pleading look. What was I supposed to do from all the way up here?

"Ok, ok I'll put her down," he said and held me up, he then proceeded to slam me right on to the sidewalk and I hit my head in the process. I saw some people jump over me and heard shouting, but then I kind of passed out feeling sleepy.

I don't really remember anything other than that, I guess I hit my head pretty hard. When I woke up I was lying in an unfamiliar bed and when I turned my head slightly Chris was there. I figured I was at his house. I know, I know, we have been dating for a year and I still haven't been to his house, he just never wanted me here I guess.

"Oh, you're awake," he said nervously and I looked him curiously. "Yeah, why?" I asked confused.

"Um no reason, did you hear anything I said?" he asked hesitantly and I shook my head. He let out a relieved sigh and I decided to drop the subject.

"Are you ok?" he asked brushing his finger tips against my forehead and I slightly nodded.

"It just hurts a little," I said quietly and he quickly pulled back his hand "Are you ok?" I asked noticing more evident bruises and cuts.

He glanced at me and then looked away "yeah, the guys and I were pretty mad about, you know," he started "we all kinda started fighting Ace and his gang, even Vern," he chuckled and I stared at him wide eyed. Wow, these guys were something.

"Thanks, but you didn't have to do that. That's what they wanted," I said and he finally looked at me.

"But we weren't going to let them get away with hurting you like that, Mallory," he said very seriously and I just nodded, not know what else to do.

A loud slamming of the door was heard and Chris froze for a second. "Go, go!" he shouted picking my up and bringing me to his small window.

I climbed out and looked at him nervously. "I'll meet you at your house, just go, please," he said quietly pleading for me to leave and I nodded.

I didn't want to leave, I really didn't, but something was telling me to just listen to him. So that's what I did, I walked home, worried half to death. When I finally reached my house I silently went to my room and sat awkwardly on my bed.

I let a few tears slip, knowing that it was probably his dad, but then wiped them away quickly. Not even 20 minutes later Chris entered through my bedroom door seeming more angry than upset.

I sat, looking at him as he threw some stuff around, nothing that could break. Just some clothes and stuff. "I swear, Mallory, I will never do what he does to our kids," he said half minded sitting on my bed.

In realization of what he said he looked at me wide eyed "I didn't mean that, well I mean, uh," he stammered and I gave him a smile and nodded. "I know you won't," I said placing my hands under his chin, cupping his face.

I looked into his eyes and we leaned in to kiss, however this was not like our usual kisses. This one lasted much longer but it wasn't much more than a kiss.