Chapter 8

Katherine's POV
"You're leaving?"

I raised an eyebrow at Elena as she picked herself off of the bed and studied herself in the mirror.

"Yeah, I just got a text from Stefan. I need to be there."

I got off the bed as well.

"I don't want you to do this." I said quietly, walking behind her and placing my arms around her waist.

For a minute she closed her eyes and leaned against me, but the moment was over quickly.

"No, I'm going to help them fight this thing, Katherine. If I didn't, and I just stayed safe, I would never be able to forgive myself."

I chewed on my bottom lip as Elena turned around and faced me, placing a hand on my cheek.

"I just worry." I mumbled, looking down at the floor.

"You've never seen anything like this, I promise you."

I looked up and made eye contact.

"This is not Klaus, and this is not Silas. This is way more than you've ever faced, and none of you are ready for it. Especially not a new vampire like you."

She pondered my words for a minute, and then let go of my face and turned away from me.

"I'm sorry, Katherine. I have to. We may not be ready, but we have to try."

I sighed. Vampire Elena was a stubborn little bitch.

"Fine. Go. But I'm coming with you."

She whirled around.

"What? You can't come! They all think you're back in wherever you were."

"New York. Not important. I'm coming."

She crossed her arms over her chest.

"No. I can tell you right now, they don't want Katherine Pierce at their meeting."

I crossed my arms as well, staring at Elena in the exact way she was standing.

"Do you want Katherine Pierce at their meeting?"

She shifted uncomfortably, avoiding meeting my eyes.

"I mean, they don't know we're involved or anything. They think we're mortal enemies. And you can be a little... Harsh at times."

"Harsh?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Not harsh... You're just very blunt... And I really don't think they appreciate... Anything you do."

I shook my head.

"Elena, do you actually think I give a crap about what any of them think? I'm Katherine fucking Pierce. And I'm coming. You can't stop me."

Before she could protest, I was out of her bedroom door and walking down the stairs.

After a bit, she came outside after me.

I took her hand in mine, squeezing it lightly.

"I'm sorry." she whispered into my ear.

"I just don't know how they would react to you."

"They're not going to react well, I'll tell you that. But I can help all of you. I can help you fight the thing."

She nodded slightly.

"Are you okay with me doing this now?"

"No. I'll never be okay with it. I'm worried about you. But I would feel better if I was fighting it with you."