Ignorance {Mikey Way}

So, I took an excerpt from the play 'Our Town' and made an imagine out of it....who knows, it might be a book... Enjoy the sadness!

I walked past all of the people surrounding my grave and sat on top of it, looking at all of the people I care for as they leave things for me and then leave themselves. "Hello, Helen, it's been a while" she turned her head to me "It's good to see you, {y/n}" I looked up at the two boys looking at my tombstone, I missed them both, what I would've done to touch Mikey again. "Look Mikey, she's right next to grandma" Gerard spoke mournfully, patting his brothers back. He stayed quiet as Gerard began to walk "I'll miss her Mikes, come on" he nodded and followed his brother. I thought about all five of us just being young and stupid. We were in a moment why couldn't we just have looked at each other.

"Helen? Mikey and I we..fought a lot, why is that? Why must it have been that way?" "That's how it is my dear, Michael has always been stubborn, but he's a good boy, don't think about the past dear" I nodded and thought for a while longer, staring off at the sky.

"I can't not think about it" she sighed and turned to me again "Are you happy? Now that you've thought about it?" I shook my head "No I should've listened to you" I saw Mikey staring at my grave from a distance "That's all human beings are, just blind people" I said to myself "Why is death harder than life, at least I know".

Helen didn't look at me but spoke coldly "Yes, now you know. That's what's it was like to be alive." I sighed to myself angrily "To move about in a cloud of ignorance: to move up and down trampling on the feelings of those...of those about you.  To spend and waste time as thought you had a million years.  To be always at the mercy of one self-centered passion, or another.  Now you know that's the happy existence you wanted to go back to. Ignorance" I didn't want to believe my words, but they were true, I looked up and saw an interesting thing.

"Look, it's Mikey, Helen, it's Mikey!" I exclaimed as he walked over. He stood in front of my grave and sniffed, he fell to the ground in tears as they racked his body. I looked down on my husband "No, that ain't no way to behave, Michael never understood emotions until now and it's awful" I touched his back, knowing he wouldn't feel it, but he shivered. "I miss you {y/n}, but I will be with you again" he choked out as he cried more. "Helen"  "Yes {y/n}?"

"They don't understand do they?"

"No dear, they don't understand"