Sophie's Birthday

"Pink or Black? Or red maybe?", confused Sophie with the dress she was to put on in the evening. Sophie is one of those rich hotties the whole college is friends with, she's very social, happening and most importantly, good with the guys.

Boyfriends are like dresses according to her that are to be worn but not for long before they lose their charm. "What about this one, Soph?", I asked taking in hand one of her gorgeous gowns. "Shimmer! Not my taste!", the eighth one rejected. This isn't unusual, Sophie is very particular with her dresses and the makeover she wears especially when it comes to her lavish high class parties. 

"Aren't you supposed to get ready? it's already six!", inquired Sophie wearing a blood red shade on her lips with the gorgeous silver piece that made her perfectly engineered curves more visible. She looked dazzling! Just as always. "About to, fifteen minutes!", I replied.

The stars and the oceans must see,

The loneliness shall not be for long,

Shadows of a bond broken, they haunt me

Take me to the time with you and let the moments stop,

I'll kiss you then, maybe.

-Ahmon, the last lover!

This one's one of his favorites, as they say. Turning pages I was waiting for Nelson to come, Sophie's latest boyfriend who helped us with the arrangements. Nelson is a high middle class nerd, he's a good looking  guy, not too much into girls. Sophie's family friend and a neighbor, they fell in 'love' during the past summer camp. Sophie's 'love' relationships last not for more than two or three months, three was the highest until Jay had himself transferred to an army school in MHOW.

"Hey! This one's my favorite too!", a meek voice from behind said. I turned to take a look and the guy took the novel away from my hands and started reading the page aloud. I tried to get the book back and in not more than a few seconds I was almost struggling to regain the control over my property that was forcefully taken. "Ill mannered kid! huh!", I left the place in an annoying tone leaving him smiling naughtily at me.

The place was getting more annoying and noisier with the start of the music and the people around dancing in trance. I finally decided to leave after handing Sophie's belongings to Nelson and the guy who stole my novel appeared again. SO ANNOYING! "I have something that belongs to you..don't you want it back?", he teased. "I don't care, keep it with you!", I replied rudely, he deserves that.

"Hey Rahul, how are you? So long! where have you been man?", Sophie appeared. I was both surprised and shocked, it's actually been so long! Rahul, a childhood classmate who I was never friends with. He kept bullying me till the day he left school. I don't have any good memories with him, so I actually don't care. "Lemme guess! are you Sarah?" , Of course! how wouldn't he recognize the person he caused so much trouble to! "Rahul, the bad guy!", I replied avoiding a look. "Haha! You look gorgeous by the way! I never thought the cry chick I knew would someday turn to this beautiful lady standing right in front of me Soph!", he teased, or was he..flirting! Oh my god, I just realized it felt good, actually great! Guys don't generally flirt when they meet me, top of that, he's handsome too!

"Thank you!", I replied still ignoring, avoiding any chance that he teases me. "Dance?", he offered his hands. "I cannot dance, I never did!", ugh..lame I know.

*Just this dance, let this night stay .. you're more than a beautiful dream, the time I made fun of you I wanted to talk ..just to know you more. You're mysterious and quiet and that makes me fall for you even more.*

'Bitter sweet and a bit salty, you're hot and I know that you know that..'Goshh! Mayank Kapoor's song! I'll definitely stay! "Umm..Okay, let's dance!", I faced him again taking his hands into mine, this made him happy, of course, a victory again! He made me dance, never mind! 

In short, a bad evening, as always! Best part, compliment from a guy..worst, it was from the one I hated the most! ugh..My life sucks!