Chapter Eight

Sammy's POV:
"Good night Sara." I said, before I closed the door I heard a small voice. "Stay." She said. I nodded climbing in next to her in bed. She snuggled up to my chest and I wrapped an arm around her. "Goodnight Sammy." I heard her say. Something sparked in my chest, I don't know what it was. But it was real.

I heard an alarm go off then someone get out of bed. I groaned opening my eyes to see Sara standing by her desk. "Sara. Come back to bed." I said. "I can't." She replied taking off her pj pants then sliding on some under armor sweats. I whistled and she flicked me off. "I forgot why I was mad at you." She said before slipping on one of Johnson's sweatshirts. I rolled my eyes and got out of her bed. "I'll take you to school." I said walking downstairs to make her some coffee. No food. "We're gonna go to caribou." I said as she walked downstairs. "Whatever." She mumbled. I chuckled and started to walk out to my car. She followed then got in the passenger seat. "You can dj." I said starting it. She smiled then plugged her phone into the cord.

I pulled up to her school and unlocked the doors. "I'll see you after school." I said. She nodded then got out of the car waving. Then I watched her walk all the way in.

Sara's POV:
On my way into the school Maddie caught up with me. "Who took you to school?" She asked, I shrugged. "Sam. Why?" I asked. She looked at me and raised an eyebrow. "Are you two cool or something?" She asked. I didn't think for a moment to tell her that he caught me almost harming myself. "Yeah. We're cool." I said making my way to my locker. "See you later mads." I said then branched off to my own locker

It was now the end of the day and I slowly made my way to my locker. It's been a few rough days. I just wish it wasn't Tuesday. But it is. I zipped up my backpack and walked out the door not saying good bye to Maddie because she was probably already at Skate's house. I walked out to see Sam's jeep. But Sam was leaning against his jeep and he was making eye contact with me. I'm pretty sure everyone outside was now staring at me. He smirked and winked at me. I shook my head but kept eye contact all the way until I reached the car. He opened my door then waited until I was in before walking over to his side of the car. He started it then pulled out of the school parking lot. I felt Sam smirking at me. I looked over and he started licking the tip of his finger. Then he reached over touching my thigh and making a sizzling noise then pulling back. "Fuck! Your so hot." He said. I shook my head and chuckled. He smiled at me. The thing about Sam was he didn't just smile sigh his teeth. He smiled with his beautiful eyes. "So what do you want to do?" He said pulling into our driveway. "Well graduations next week and so is prom. But I don't think I'm going. I think I'm gonna stay home wearing sweatpants and smoke a lot." I said getting out of the car. He laughed tossing his pack of cigarettes at me. I caught them and pulled one out and lit it with the lighter he had in there. Then tossed it back to him. "So why are you being so nice to me. You used to be an asshole." I said, "Because on serious matters it is not ok to hurt yourself that way. I don't care if you like me or not. I mean it's ok to not be ok, you can't help that. But it's not ok to hurt yourself." He ranted. I took a breath in letting the smoke come into my mouth. As I blew it out I responded to what he said earlier. "I need to get high." I said. "There's coke in the garage." He said. I started walking that way pulling out my credit card and a dollar. I knew Sam was behind me because I could here him. I sat down at the table we have in the garage and waited for Sam to grab me the bag. He came back with a metal cookie sheet and a Baggie with a white substance in it. I dumped a little out and sorted through it with my card. "What am I doing with my life. In a druggie." I said rolling the dollar bill then bringing it up to my nose and breathing in through my nostril.

Later......

⚠️Trigger⚠️

"No." My brain said, but I ignored it and picked up the sharp metal object just screaming at me to use it. I took off my shirt and laid in the tub and started to cut. Making sure it wasn't to deep. But my self harm wasn't just about cutting. No. I bruised myself. And during school I gave myself eraser burns until I bled. Honestly I had no reason to live. Pulling out my lighter I flicked my thumb and saw the flame. I sat there and watched it. "Sara!" I heard a voice shout. "We're home!" "Fuck." I mumbled under my breath while quickly shutting my bathroom door and trying to clean up my stuff as soon as possible. There was a knock on the bathroom door. "You good?" It was Johnson. "Yeah I'm just cleaning I'll be out in a second." I said frantically trying to clean the blood off of my stomach and the floor. Then before I knew it Johnson threw the door open. "Long time no se- oh my god Sara!" He scream. He kneeled down next to me "Why?" He said. Gilinsky and Sam came sprinting in the room. "Oh my god." I heard Gilinsky mumble. "I'm calling 9-1-1." He said. "I don't understand why you guys are making such a big deal." I screamed. "Sara. Look at me." Johnson said. I nodded but as soon as I looked up a wave of nausea hit me and my head felt heavy. I sat down on my butt taking deep breaths. I felt like my lungs were closing in on me. "Sara. Stay with us." But I couldn't. I closed my eyes. Then tried to open them. But I couldn't.

Sammy's POV:
I paced back and forth waiting to see Sara. I can't believe she tried to commit suicide. Tears came to my eyes. I let them. I saw Maddie come sprinting into the hospital then started running for the hallway she was in but a paramedic stopped her. "NO! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! I HAVE TO SEE HER!" She screamed. I walked up and engulfed her in a hug. "Nate will be here soon." I whispered. She sobbed hard. So hard her body shook. "She can't leave. She can't." She mumbled into my chest. Soon enough Nate came sprinting in. He ran straight for Maddie. I let go and let her go to Nate. I sat down in a chair trying to get my own head together. I treated her like shit. She can't leave me like this. Is it selfish to be upset with her?

A/N
This chapter hit my emotions hard. But I hope your enjoying the book so far.

Twitter: amber_caylen

Stay Beautiful🌺
Stay Cloudy☁️
Stay Amazing💙
Amber logging off✌🏻️
Byee😘😘