I've Got What I Wanted. Part 3

Start from the beginning

"Do you not wan to meet his family?" I shook my head looking down at my mug again.

"I don't know really. Johnny wants to know why he left us in the first place. But I'm not sure what to do." He sighed and placed his hand on my arm.

"I would talk to him about it. He knows what's best for you and can help you more than what I can." I smiled up at him and nodded.

"I know," he smiled while sitting back in his chair.

"So will you help me mark these tests?" He asked trying to change the subject. I laughed and nodded. "Thank you," he lifted up half of the pile and handed them to me with a red pen. "If you're not sure about anything just ask me. I'm only looking to give them marks for method and the correct answer." I nodded while opening the first paper.

"Is full marks still one hundred?" I asked looking at the first question.

"Yeah, so since you're good at maths you can figure out the percentage without a calculator." I looked up to see him smirking.

"Haha very funny," he laughed as I looked back at the paper. "Can I ask you something?" I questioned after a minute or two.

"Of course you can."

"Do you know a girl in senior year that has blonde hair and is in Caleb's history class?" I looked up to see him staring at the page thoughtfully. He looked up with a slight frown on his face.

"Oh yeah I think so. She's in my class too. Her name's Stephanie Mills. She moved here this year and took history, maths, politics and social studies. She was sort of shy at the start of the year, but then everyone found out she's basically rich. She got in with all the popular and stuck up ones. She's kind of annoying in class really. She's good at Maths and I know that, but she just doesn't try anymore." I nodded as he finished. "How come?" I shook my head and looked back at the paper in front of me.

"No reason really. She was just there when I left you to go back to Caleb's classroom. Can't say I got the best look from her." he laughed as I moved onto the second page.

"Yeah I would imagine," I looked up at him with a raised eyebrow. "I mean I've heard she has a crush on him and me. Mr Martin thinks it's hilarious." When I heard Martin's name I got a bit pissed off. "But I'm guessing you don't really care what he thinks." I smiled slightly and shrugged.

"I don't know really. I haven't talked to him since the start of summer. I mean he did break Caleb's wrist." He smiled sympathetically and nodded.

"Yeah I know. I drove him to the hospital," I raised my eyebrows and laughed slightly.

"Seriously?" He nodded as I sat back in my chair. "What actually happened that day?" He sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"They just got into a fight. Martin had a go at him over you. You and Martin were really close, I'm sure he thinks of you as one of his closet friends." I nodded and looked back at the paper in front of me. "Anyway he told me that he wants you to go and see him. But let's not talk about that." I laughed slightly and looked up at him.

"Nice subject change there," he laughed and scratched the back of his neck.

"Well I do try," I smiled and shook my head.

"Oh I was meant to ask you something." I said suddenly remembering. "I'm thinking of taking up Maths as another degree to fill some of my free time. If there's anything I don't get can I come to you to go over it?" He smiled and nodded.

"Yeah of course you can. We can make it a weekly thing if you want." He offered to me.

"Yeah that'll be good. I'll just find out what time classes are on at." He nodded while spinning his pen