Chapter Twenty Seven: She's Still Breathing

POV from Ben

I called her four times. Danny didn't take the talk about no bachelor party well, but he was accepting of my choices. Now I was trying to call Alicia to get this all sorted out. She wasn't picking up, which was strange. I sighed deeply and turned to Cam. 

"What should I do?" 

"Kill Alicia." Danny grunted from the backseat. We were on our way to pick up James. We were going to all have a nice little band party at the house. Our small non-alcoholic bachelor/bachelorette party. 

"I can't just kill her." I told Danny, shaking my head. Danny snorted and looked out the window. 

"Why not? She's a whore anyways?" 

I shrugged and pulled into James' driveway. "I don't know. But I'm not going to kill her." We got out of the car and walked into James' house, the key always hiding under the carpet. I rolled my eyes and swung open the door. 

"JAMES?" 

"Come in! I'm in the shower!" James replied. Shrugging, I sat down on his couch, my hands turning on the TV. 

I jumped when I felt the buzzing of my phone.

I answered it quickly. "Hello?" 

There was silence on the end of the line, but I could hear some heavy breathing. "Hello?" I asked, a little more impatiently. I drew away and stared at the caller ID. "Jordyn?" 

"You'd like that wouldn't you?" snorted voice. It was deeper than Jordyn's. It was a boy's voice. I felt my stomach twist. 

"Who is this?" 

"I could ask the same thing." laughed the voice. "But I know the answer to that. You're Ben Bruce. Benjamin Paul Bruce. Asking Alexandria, right?" 

I was silent as he chuckled. "Yeah, that's what I thought. Hello, Ben." 

"What do you want?" I snapped. "And why are you on Jordyn's phone?" 

"I'm Jordyn's boyfriend." the man said, his laughter finally gone. "We've been dating for years now. But I saw she's been spending a lot of time at her 'sick grandmother's' so, I decided to see what was going on. And now we're here." 

I was silent. "What do you mean her boyfriend?" I spat. The man sighed. 

"Jordyn and I are dating. She's cheating on you, sorry, buddy." 

"What the fuck? Let me talk to Jordyn!" I screamed, standing. My knuckles were clenched so tightly on the phone, I could feel my case crush a little. 

"I don't think that's necessary." the man chuckled. "She only wanted you for the fame. Now that she realizes that she doesn't want to be a groupie anymore, she wants to settle down with me." 

My heart broke. If that sounds too cliche, let me explain it better then. 

My chest felt like an elephant stomped on it in the middle of circus act. It felt like my sternum collapsed in on itself. It felt like I was stabbed a thousand times. 

"What?" I breathed. 

"Sorry..." the man sighed. "you were played." 

I heard a wail in the background and I jumped at this new sound, my hurt replaced with worry. 

"What the fuck was that?" I shouted. 

"Ben!" screamed a familiar voice. "Ben! Help me!" Jordyn

"What the-" I stared as the man shouted: "Shut her up!" 

"Who is this?" I demanded, my anger returning. 

I heard a female chuckle as the phone was passed down to another. "Hello, Ben." 

"Alicia." I swore. "What the fuck are you up to? Where's Jordyn?" 

"You don't know?" Alicia whispered. "You don't have to worry about calling off the engagement anymore. I've got it under control." 

"Alicia-" I started, but I was interrupted. 

"Don't worry, Ben. I've got Sam too. I'll make sure he's returned safely to you. Not to worry. Your bassist is in good hands." 

"Where are you?" I shouted, but the call was disconnected. I turned to face the others, my hands shaking. 

"What's up?" James asked, coming into the room, his towel around his waist. 

I took a shaky breath.

"J-Jordyn." 

A/N: I would love some feedback, if anyone is willing to give it. Thanks! 

<7 Nina