Hate And Pain

Narration:

The light of the moon shone through the trees of the surface. Their leaves rustled in the wind, an eerie whisper. The moonlight could not quite kiss the forest floor, where every manner of creature scuffled. It was dark and cool this night. Shrubbery cast shadows that danced unseen. It was beautiful, to those with a tasteful admiration. It was beautiful to those like Sans.

Sans:

Sans was one of many who preferred darkness to the busy human streets near by. Even after all these years of integration, there was an air of hostility in some places. I guess that was just something to be expected. When humans banished monsters, I don't think they ever intended for us to return.

Yet, there was hope. Since Frisk freed the monsters, they've been trying, to say the least. Negotiations have helped. A peace treaty here, land donations there, and a little kindness went a long way. There are even Monsters in politics, the military, schools. Some would say that life was going our way.

But, there could never be complete acceptance on either side. Like Sans, many could not help but hate their cruelty. He could see the way they looked at him. A freak. He could not help but return their hate, and seclude himself as much as possible from their company.

He lived in a red brick house, by a creek in the woods. Its roof was black slates that glittered like onyx. The house was large for only one person. Three stories tall with seven rooms. It was lonesome, but Sans liked the quiet. Bad things happened when he was around people. He didn't ever quite play well with others.

But this monster was not as alone as he thought. Not anymore. Behind his house, past the great oak and by the pond, was someone who might soothe the lonely ache growing inside him.

You: (this is the part where the reader comes in. XX is where you say your name. Easier to type without autocorrect sticking its nose in my sin.)

Life has a funny way of saying fuck you. Its a twisted little game where cheaters often crawl their way to the top, by crushing those who play by the rules. In this world, its kill or be killed.

But for once, even though I lay beaten in the dirt, I feel as though I won. This dirt, that smells so sweet, cool and damp against my stinging cheek. Never again will I see the face of he who caused me this pain. He who kicked me when I already lay broken. He who would strike because my pain amused him.

But he was no more. He would never find me again. I had run. I ran through the door of my imprisonment, through the streets that watched my silent screaming, through the trees I was told never to go, and to a lake that would glow with the blue light of echoflowers.

No one dared come here. No human, nor monster dare but whisper of a demon who haunts this ground. That's why this was the only place I could run. No more abuse, not for me, even if it meant the demon of this land would take my life. I would at least die in freedom.

So there I lay, face down by the pond. I smiled through the ache that consumed my whole being. Every inch that was battered and bruised. My vision swam as my heart calmed.

"Free at last." I whispered.

The echoflowers chanted those words over and over and over again. Free at last. It was the last sound I heard when the peaceful darkness of sleep conquered me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, I hope you like how this started! Sorry I'm a little wordy! Keep reading, I will update like everyday, or at LEAST every week!