10. As You Wake Up

As you wake up

Harry: He’s playing with your hair, twisting it around his finger and bringing to his lips, enjoying the soft feeling of it against his skin, his lips pulled into a smirk because right now you’re all his to hold and adore and love, and these times he can openly admire you without fear of you shying away. You try to pull away when your eyes blink open, but he’s holding you securely, pressing a reassuring kiss to your hair. “Good morning gorgeous,” he hums. “I was just thinking about you, stay here with me for a bit.” He chuckles as you relax back into him, letting him soothe away your worries.

Niall: He’s trying his hardest not to wake you, but it’s hard to achieve this when he’s as wrapped up with you as he is, your head tucked under his chin and his legs tangled with yours. He’s slowly pulling away from you and the warm confines of his bed as you begin to stir, and he’s quick to apologize. “Oops, sorry babe,” he gushes, pressing a kiss to your sleepy smile. “I didn’t mean to wake you up.” He gently pins you down as you try to sit up, a smirk pulling at his lips over the idea he’s just gotten. “You stay here, I’ll go get breakfast. Don’t go anywhere.” He’s content as you settle back into the mess of pillows, happy to take care of you now.

Zayn: He’s finding it hard to wake up as well, wanting nothing more than to tuck you underneath his arm and roll over and return to a deep sleep, but that damn alarm clock is still beeping loudly, until you reach over and turn it off. He groans and buries his face into your neck, keeping his hold tight on you, because if you don’t get up then he won’t have to either. “Five more minutes,” he shushes you when you try to tell him it’s time to get up. “We won’t be late, you set that alarm early on purpose. Let’s just stay here.” You know you should be getting up, but it’s all too warm and snuggly and perfect with Zayn to leave.

Liam: He’s singing softly, a gentle tune that he hums under his breath as he waits for you to wake up, too comfortable to get up yet. You almost instantly recognize it as one of your favorites, the song he sings when you can’t sleep at night fitting just as perfectly into your routine now. He finishes the song when he finds you gazing up at him, his cheeks flushing because you’ve caught him. “Good, you’re awake,” he smirks, folding his arms around you snugly. “I was getting bored without someone to talk to.” You stay in bed for another hour or more, talking and cuddling and keeping the other plenty entertained.

Louis: He’s still asleep, resting peacefully as your eyes flutter open, his hold on you tightening subconsciously just by the feeling of you shifting in his arms, drawing you close and relaxing again. You rest your head on the pillow and close your eyes, knowing that you won’t be falling back asleep but just enjoying the warmth and comfort you feel here with him, unbeknownst to you the fact that behind his closed eyes he’s dreaming of you, imagining the future he wants with the girl he loves, the one that hopefully one day will be more than just a dream.