"Go ahead."

"You said you wanted a way to extract him, but the only problem seems to be that he isn't a prisoner."

"What do you mean?"

"He is Murdock's right hand man. He is there from his own volition. He is right in the center of it."

Murdock was the leader, the hunter who led them all. "How is this possible?"

He shrugged "Don't know why he's with them but he's their source of all the information they have on us. It is why their last attack was so successful. For 500 centuries this castle has never been known to the hunters and now they know every detail of it because of you. He was here with your friends and knows every place and our weaknesses. We are more vulnerable to the hunters than ever before." He took a threatening step forward. "We won't send in men to get him because our men don't deserve to die because of him. Charlie says Murdock doesn't even call as many shots as Daniel. Daniel decides when and where to attack, who to kidnap and how to execute the plan. He is in charge of the hunters now for all we know. The hunters have never been so focused and organized. Daniel is highly motivated to annihilate us and this is all because of you!" he took another step forward even though Demitri asked him to not take another step. "You are the reason we will see our downfall. You are the reason we don't have Prince David standing there leading us. You are the reason behind the hunters having such dangerous information. You don't deserve to stand there in his place. I will not follow you!"

All hell broke loose after that. The men fought with each other; those who agreed and those who didn't. I was evacuated from there by David's guard Demitri before the fight got a chance to get to me.

The things he said... they really got to me.

"Don't worry Ms. Mason" Demitri said in a deep voice that matched his persona. It was the first time I had seen him talk "These kinds of things happen all the time."

I nodded feeling weary and teary. "Thank you Demitri, that's very kind of you to say. Can you take me to the horses? I think I want to take Sly out for a ride."

"Ma'am Sly..."

I looked at him questioningly "What about Sly?"

"After you moved away from the castle, the horse stopped eating because the prince seemed too disturbed. Prince David set him free but he wouldn't go. Ma'am he died."

Sometimes it felt reality was too hard to handle. Sly had been the only thing David loved before me. He had let me go but Sly... Sly shared a bond with David like no other. It must have been devastating for David. He should have told me. I would've tried to be there for him. Sly was a remarkable horse. I still remember the first time I rode him or the first time I fell into his cage when David saved me.

Why does death surround me like shadow waiting to strike?... Shadow... It was dark, I had to get to David. I saw the text Mike had left for me. It read, 'All is well, he weak and needs bed rest for at least a week.'

By the time I got there and quietly entered the room David had gone back to sleep. He looked so calm yet tired, like a child who's exhausted from all the jumping around. Keisha had been in the room sitting in the chair next to the bed David lay on and looked at me with an annoyed expression. She gestured that I should be quiet.

"Why are you here so late?" she whispered to me signaling me outside.

When we reached outside I replied "I just got free so I wanted to check on David, he had asked for me."

"Oh so now you get time to see him? He asked for you hours ago. Have you seen the time? Come see him tomorrow at a more reasonable time. My fiancé needs to rest. Goodbye." She closed the door slowly.