Chapter 6: Pan's Game

Jake's Perspective:

I couldn't stop thinking about the cloaked boy. Even after I got back to camp I still couldn't stop pacing. After all, I forgot I was supposed to be tracking him down while he just saved me from becoming that wolf's lunch. Taking a break from pacing I sat around the fire when Dan, Julian, Jack, and Charlie approach me and sat down.

"Well, look who it is! How'd the search go buddy?" Dan teased.

I rolled my eyes and scoffed;

"Fantastic..." I remarked sarcastically.

Suddenly all of the boys decided to butt in.

"I take it the arrival hasn't been found yet" Julian chimed in as he elbowed me in the side.

I raised my brows and shook my head.

"Nope..." I replied as my head looked down towards the ground.

We all sat and stared at the blazing fire until Jack piped up.

"You know, Pan's gonna get mad soon if we don't find him" he spoke.

Charlie shrugged his shoulders and dismissed it;

"Nah we'll find him. Or at least, Pan will."

I'm continued to lock eyes with the ground as I listened but I still couldn't stop thinking about how that kid ran away from me. Hearing Charlie say that Pan would find him made me cringe. Wasn't it obvious that the poor kid is scared? Who knows how old he is? Granted he seemed to be around the same height as me, but still.

For the next hour or so the guys and I just us talked around the fire, making jokes and references to things that us stupid teenage boys think is funny. As we talked we all fumbled with sticks by drawing in the dirt. Along the way, we got into a conversation about what things were like before we came to Neverland.

Jack laughed;

"I kinda remember what school was like. Definitely don't miss the homework."

"Yeah, or even just grilling out or having a barbecue in the summer" Dan added.

"Yeah, but I bet Dan was a total ladies man back home, weren't ya?" Julian joked.

Dan spoke arrogantly;

"Why of course I was!"

I laughed aloud;

"Yeah, if you count his mother."

All of the boys burst out laughing except for Dan.

He mumbled in a mocking tone;

"If you count his mother..."

After we shared a few chuckled Charlie spoke up;

"This might sound weird, but I've been here so long...that I've forgotten about girls..."

Julian raised a brow;

"What do you mean?" He asked.

Charlie hunched himself over and held his chin up with the palm of his hand.

'You know, how they talk, how they act, what they're like" he clarified, looking at us with glossy eyes.

I sometimes thought about what girls were like. I've kind of forgotten about them since there aren't any here.

Dan described;

"Girls are like polar opposites of guys. We hunt, they clean. We become filthy, they always look nice. Oh, and they smell really