Controlla

Drake sad back in the couch in the VIP section of the club, swirling the glass on dark brown liquor he had in his hand as he listen to what Wayne was saying.

"You can't let that shit get to you. You're the strongest you've every been at the moment and you've gotta play your cards right if you want to remain at the top," Wayne spoke before taking a sip from his own red cup. "You need to cheer up anyway, this is your release party and here you are sulking," they both chuckled. "What's wrong?"

Drake sighed before looking around at the club. "I don't know. There's just a lot going on you know. And to make matters worse I'm missing my rock,". He ran his hand over his head and chuckled slightly.

"You still haven't spoken to her? I heard she was coming tonight," Wayne added. He knew that Their relationship had recently gone downhill and even he hated the fact that they didn't talk much, but he knew them both well enough to know they would soon sort it out. "Let me find out for you if she's still coming,"

"It's alright you don't have to. She'll come around when she wants to right?" He swirled his drink a little bit more before he took it back. He placed the glass down before standing and picking up his phone from the table. "Let me go and be sociable for a bit. Like you said, it is my party and I am sulking," He gave a small smile before he walked off seeming a bit down, but little did he know the person he wanted to see most had just made their entrance.

She walked in hidden by her security and made her way up to the VIP section. Wayne didn't even realise until she was stood in front of him with her arms outstretched. He stood and accepted her embrace. "Hey Barbie, isn't it a surprise to see you here". They pulled away from the hug and he looked her up and down.

"Why'd you say it like that Wayne," she pouted, knowing the reason as to why Wayne was implying she didn't like hang out with them anymore.

"It's been a while nic, we don't even know when we can expect to see you; You don't hang with us like that anymore," He said before shrugging.

"I'm trying, I really am. It's hard to get the perfect balance between both sides." She said as she took a seat next to him on the couch.

"It might be easier if you just picked a side,"

She bit her lip. "You can't make me do that wayne,"

She just looked at him as he took a sip from his drink and chuckled, before speaking: "And I don't have to because I know you've already chosen." He turned and looked at her in the eyes. "You wouldn't be here if you hadn't,"

"What's that supposed to mean?" She asked slightly confused.

"You know what it means Nic," She let the statement linger for while before changing the subject.

"Where's Drake?"

"He's just gone to speak to some of his guests and shit; He'll be back soon." Wayne reached for the GTV that was sat in the table and topped up his cup. "If he's not back within 10 minutes then I'm sure he'll be sat in a corner somewhere," They both laughed.

Nicki then decided to fix herself a drink whilst she waited for him. She was slightly nervous being that hadn't spoken face to face since coachella and even then the conversation had been very short, but she decided to just loosen up a little because she wanted tonight to be enjoyable.

It had been a little while and he still hadn't returned back to their section. She closely scanned the club until she came across a fairly empty corner. She looked a little closer and spotted him sat there with Noah. She picked up her phone and drink and walked over to them, greeting Noah first with an embrace. He didn't move and instead just sat and watched as the pair conversed. Noah excused himself once they were done and left the pair alone. They spent the first few seconds just looking each other up and down, both with nothing to say, until Nicki broke the silence.