Ride

"You going to the Maraj's annual Masquerade ball?" Noah asked.

"Probably not," was Drake's simple response before her dribbled the basketball and took a shot which easily went in. He seemed completely unfazed by the question and hadn't even considered it himself.

"Aw is Aubrey actually going to follow his parents rules for once" mocked Oliver. "Or is it that you're scared to be caught by Robert Maraj himself?" This cause the other guys to 'ooo' causing drake to shake his head with a smile.

"Not even." He threw the ball to chubs who went on to pass it to Ryan. "I just don't see the point in going to be honest, there's nothing in it for me and therefor it's not worth the hassle,"

"Not worth the hassle?" Asked Ryan. "Well from what I heard Onika's going to be there,"

The other guys smirked now watching her reaction. They knew he had a thing for Onika and that he would be willing to do anything for a chance to see her. He had fallen for her long ago, hadn't really got the chance to build on those feelings as she had moved to Miami at the age of 22. Their four year age gap didn't make things any easier for him but he was determined to make her his, despite the rivalry between their families.

"Really?" Drake asked.

"I knew it," Noah pitched in. "Of course that would be the one thing to change his mind," they all laughed.

"Haha so funny. If we get caught it's not you guys that will get the backlash. You know how my parents feel about the Maraj's," he said.

"Live a little Graham. As long as we cause no trouble no one will find out. It'll be fun," Niko patted him on the back before the took their places to begin a their match.

-

Drake fixed his bow tie and placed his mask onto his face as they walked up to the entrance. They had split up so that they didn't look suspicious and he was walking in last with Noah and Ryan.

"You nervous?" Noah asked "I mean it's been six years since you last saw her,"

"I don't know really," drake replied. "I'm kind of more excited than I am nervous. I'm also contemplating how I'm going to find her with all these masks"

"I'm sure it won't take you long," Ryan chuckled as they made their was inside to be met by the palace like interior. There was plenty of people so they knew they would have no problem hiding their identities.

Drake found himself drawn to own particular person who caught his eye just moments after he walked in. He followed the lines of people making their way to the dance floor. Being he had been at one of these multiple times he had picked up the dance steps so didn't fear being involved. He ended up paired with one of the other masked females, but sadly not the one he wanted but she wasn't too far.

Began the broken tango and it wasn't long before just the woman he wanted sashayed into his arms. He smirked to himself knowing exactly who it was. Those eyes, those lips, that hair. It couldn't be anyone else. He couldn't even stop himself from staring at her, but was soon snapped out of his trance by her hand resting on his beard.

"Watch your step Papi," she spoke so softly yet so sincerely that it made him want her more. She took his hands into hers and led the dance as he followed, not wanting the moment to end or to be ruined. "You've changed a bit since our last encounter," she chuckled and he smirked.

"Thought you'd forgotten all about me. Moved to Miami, started a new lifestyle," he turned her before bringing her close to him again and softly speaking in her ear. "How could you possibly remember me," His hand travelled down her waist and his eyes slightly followed before she lifted them back up by placing a finger on his chin and leading the next few steps.