Sneak Peek for chapter 29

Sneak peek for chapter 29

~Lucas’ POV~

 ……..

……...

……...

I felt like I’d jumped ten feet into the air when the shot rang out and the screams of shock from the others showed just how frightening it had been.

We all turned to look at Grady who held the gun in hand looking just as shocked as the rest of us...if not a little guilty.

“You fucking idiot! You almost gave me a heart attack!” Rivers was the first to respond.

“See why you don’t get a gun?” I questioned then, going for a calm façade when my heart still hadn’t quite left my throat.

“My finger slipped I swear.” He was quick to defend and I grabbed the weapon from his hand roughly before clicking on the safety.

“You don’t get a weapon dumbass.” Laken said then. He still had his hand over his chest and his face hadn’t quite gone back to its original shade.

“What’d ya mean I don’t get a weapon, I won’t survive out there without one!” he countered and I shook my head.

“If you get a weapon, we won’t survive out there.” Rivers was quick to point out and I watched as he shoved the blade into the side of his shoe before dropping his pant leg to cover it.

“Here, you can have this.” I said handing him a tranquilizer gun instead. He looked at it, scrunching up his nose in disgust.

“Grady I swear if you shoot me with that thing imma kill you.” Rivers was telling him. I turned away to gather up everything else I’d need, ignoring their chatter. We had no time to waste, our men needed us and I wasn’t about to let mine down.

                                       AUTHOR'S NOTES

HOPE YALL DON'T ACCIDENTALLY READ THIS BEFORE YOU READ CHAPTER 28 ..WHICH I JUST POSTED.

ENJOY.