Chapter 9: Friends and Traitors.

.........BaCkGrOuNd....... If you haven’t read the other books leading up to this point read this before scrolling. Otherwise scroll down for chapter 9.

It's a time where werewolves and humans coexist but humans know nothing of their existence. All wolf packs are named after their Alpha so when an Alpha dies, the name dies with him if he has no heirs. If he has an heir however, then the position is passed as such.

The beta of the pack becomes Alpha if no such heir exists. The pack is presided over by what is known as the council: a group of elders who advise the Alpha and while their authority is not supreme, their power is far reaching.

 The camp is situated far from any town, however the camp takes the shape of a normal neighborhood so that if any human was to stumble across it they wouldn't think twice about it.

They attend school just like any normal humans would and all the other werewolves in the pack live normal lives in human society, the only time they are able to truly be themselves is in the wolf camp. Homosexuality is generally prohibited in wolf packs because it is expected that each member should one day find a mate and procreate so that the packs can grow, thereby becoming stronger.

This rule has been changed recently however when the Alpha and his Beta both came out to the pack as homosexuals each having discovered their mates.

Carson is the Alpha of this particular pack; one of the largest packs in the state. He and his Beta Thomas, are two of the youngest pack leaders in the country being that they are still nineteen year old seniors in high school. The Alpha’s mate is Laken who is but a seventeen year old attending the same institution.

Thomas’s situation is a bit unusual since he is the first known wolf to find a human mate. Up until a few months ago his mate: Grady who has been his best friend for as long as they both can remember was homophobic and completely unaware that Thomas was even gay. This has all now been resolved as was demonstrated in book two of the series.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………................................................

Chapter 9

~Lucas’s POV~

I would be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous.

I could feel my heart pounding away in my chest and my throat became dry. I hadn’t seen him in almost a year, I had no idea what to expect, no idea how I would react to seeing him again. I had always planned to visit again but that was meant to be when I was sure I was over him just so I wouldn’t have to deal with this very feeling.

When Adrian had told me he was going to pay him a visit I knew I had no choice but to tag along, firstly because I knew I couldn’t change his mind and lastly because I had no idea what he would do once he saw Laken. I was sure he wouldn’t dare to harm him if I was there. He may be a lot of things but he would never do something that would cause me pain. Not on purpose anyway which was one of the reasons I was more than slightly ashamed of my earlier behavior.

Yes I was pissed he chose not to call off his men but ending the relationship hadn’t been the answer. I glanced at him from the corner of my eye. He’d been pretty quiet since we left the airport, only speaking whenever Thomas’s partner; Grady addressed him directly which brought me to my next issue; Grady.

Last I heard he was a homophobic human boy who was an inconsiderate party animal. Well it was clear he was over his homophobia the way he interacted with his mate but as for all the rest it wasn’t be hard to believe.