Chapter XXIX

*(y/n)'s pov*

We drive for a while stopping by a field with a little lake. It was very beautiful and Barry takes out a basket from the car, as well with a blanket."Wow. A picnic?" I ask and he nods smiling. He gently takes my hand and walks me to where he set up the picnic."I figured on doing something simple rather than going o a big fancy restaurant. Do you like it?" I smile and put my hands on his neck when he stood in front of me."I love it." He grins and we kiss. Then we sit down on the blanket and eat.

​​​​*Barry's pov*

I fed (y/n) some fruit and we watched the sun set."I forgot that even the simplest of dates, could also be the most beautiful." She stated and looked at me with sparkling (e/c) eyes. I smiled and turned on some music from the car, a slow song was on. I walked to her and held out a hand."May I have this dance?" I ask and she giggles."You may." She took my hand and stood up with me. I put my hands on her waist and she put her arms around my neck. We began to sway slightly to the song. I kept my eyes on her the whole time. Not even looking at the pretty scenery, only the beautiful girl in front of me. This woman was mine, my best friend since third grade, crush throughout high school, partner in crime at the CCPD, and my girlfriend. I want to be with her only, and I'll do just that. The sun was down and the song ended. I put my forehead on hers and stayed there."I love you." I said softly."I love you too." She respnded and we shared a long kiss full of love and passion. Best night ever if I do say so myself. We then pack up and I drove home. She fell asleep on the way so when we arrived I picked her up and took her to bed. I laid her on the bed and kissed her forehead. I turned to leave but she grabbed my hand."Stay."She whispered. I chuckle and took off my shirt and laid beside her. I wrapped my arms around her and she snuggled closer to me. I held her close and tight then fell asleep.