Epiloge - Departure

Epiloge

Departure

______________ 

Ariel POV

   We are all beyond exhausted by the time we finally reach where they had hidden their transport. If anyone from the village was fool enough to come looking for us they would run away in fear, covered in dirt, sweat and the half dried lambet blood, we are not a pretty site.

   “Right, so we’ve helped you escape the touch bearing villagers, we’re done. So go run along and hid under a rock somewhere cause you are not coming with us.” Fallon stands defensively in front of a strange craft.

   It is such a funny looking thing, long; thin with padded seats there is no roof to protect anyone from the harsh sunlight. It has been painted in a mottled pattern of dark reds and dark oranges, which must help it, blend in to the landscape. There were no wheels that I could see, nor balloons to help it float and I wondered how this strange machine could transport anyone anywhere.

   Leira just stuck out her tongue at Fallon’s unmoving form, not bothering to comment farther. She gently lowers Gemary off her back to the ground, and then offers him a drink from her water container.

   “If we were to make two trips we could all get to the ship before sunrise.” Amelia offered.

   Fallon spin around spluttering, “You know orders. They are not coming with us,” then looking to the rest of us, “You are not coming with us.”

   “That could work if Rose, Ali, Griff and Sofi go with the old man and Fallon then one of you can make the trip back for the rest.” Jared suggests.

   “Why them? Wait, I am not leaving my sister alone with you savages,”

    “Because if she stays you are guaranteed to come back, and we are not giving you the youngsters till we are all safely on your ship. It’s not like we will hurt her, hell for all we know she could be family.” Lei snaps.

   “I have seen what you lot do to family,” Fallon thunders pulling Katherina behind him.

   “Are you always this stubborn?” Lei asks, before looking around him to Katherina, “Is he always this stubborn?”

    “Worse, he hasn’t even started yet.” She replies smiling.

    Looking back up at the towering Fallon Lei reassures “We wont hurt her, why would we? We need you to take us away with you? Plus your intimidating blue friend there can guard her the whole time your gone.”

    Though we have now collapsed to the ground we all turn our bodies to watch these two face off, sure this would be the turning point in the argument. After everything else we have done tonight, I know I don’t feel like highjacking a ship.

    Fallon looks over to the seated Lacey before turning back at Lei, “As intimidating as she might normally be, I know that means nothing to the likes of you. What’s to stop you torturing them while I am away?”

   “Human courtesy?” Her reply comes out sounding more like a question.

   “Ha, your civilization isn’t known for you forbearance of others. For all I know I could come back and find Lacey dismembered and roasting on a fire.”

    “Firstly, no, not without the proper seasoning.”

   Lacey actually sniggered at that.

   “Secondly, you seem to be missing the point. We want to be taken away from here; if we hurt you we’re stuffed. We can’t fly any of your ship by ourselves and we don’t know where we would be going even if we did. Now you come here to save children to prolong your race. Right?”