Chapter 12 - Anyone got a Plan?

Chapter 12

Anyone got a Plan?

 ____________________________________________________________________________

Leira’s POV

Griffin is pacing around the cave like a trapped Kassalik. I’m getting a little dizzy but mostly bored, I’m beginning to see why Ariel hates it so much when I do this.

"I told you we should not involve him!" Pointing at the marching figure, exasperated.

“Hey, I resemble that comment! Watch your thoughts!” I yell at Griff responding to one of his less flattering thoughts. He stumbles for a minute, but keeps going. Turning back to look at the annoyed Ariel I say, "This will involve him soon, it's better to tell him now then later. "

"Really?" Ariel uncrosses her arms to point aggressively at Griff.

Sighing, I pushed way from the wall I was leaning on and grabbed Griffin by the shoulders shaking him vigorously, when that didn’t seem to work I slapped him.

   "Are you done freaking out now? Some of us would like to talk about the impending evil now, if that’s ok with you?"

  "Ow," Griff massages his cheek and moved his jaw around experimentally, "That hurt!"

  "Good it was supposed to. Are you ready to listen now?"

  "Sure ok, just don't hit me again."

  "Baby," I mutter as I walk back to the wall leaving Ariel to explain everything.

  ‘Thanks’ I hear her complain before she kicks off the wall heading for Griff.

   ‘Hey, it’s your turn. I did Sofi.’ My thoughts had a smirking edge to them.

 "Ok, where to begin. Firstly I can see the future and Lei can read minds. Before you get offended she can only read you when your defenses are down or you are too upset to control your emotions. "

"Like now. So calm down before you think something I will have to hurt you for later." I can't help but add.

   He looks sharply at me, before Ariel gently grabs his chin and forces him to look at her before she starts talking again.

"Just before the last supply ship arrived I got this incomplete vision about rage, fear, and death. Later when talking to Jarad…”

   ‘Who we still can't find,” I taunt.

“He mentioned a growing movement down south that is calling for a new kind of purity. Namely the killings of people like us who have the ability to do 'extra' things. It is Lei belief that this oppression blanketing the town means that they are already here and causing the rise in aggression waiting for a trigger to set everything off."

   "We want you to help figure out who the person is. That anger you felt inside the town is being caused by somebody gifted, like Ariel says I can't read them, and all Ariel can see is the end results."

   "I'm almost afraid to ask but how does it end?" He shuffles uncomfortable from foot to foot.

   "So far I see you, me, Leira, Sofi and two others dead by next Blood Moon. There will probably be more to follow but I can't see anything past my own death."

    "Why Sofi?" his voice breaks as he says her name.

    "She has the ability to can control water.” Ariel says softly.

    "Sofi has the ability but she doesn't the control, she doesn’t even know that she is doing it. Have you ever noticed that when Sofi cries it rains?"

He cocks his head to the side as he thinks, "No, I never thought about that."

 "Well neither has she, but she caused the storm after you pushed her into the cake."

 He looks ashamed for a moment before asking, “If she can do that what does Jarad do?"

 "We don't know. He's too closed and he hasn't done anything weird yet."

 "So what do we do now? Warn the others?"

 "They won’t believe us, and will probably go and tell the council, speeding up our death. No for now we have to find Jarad and figure out who is causing this." I say.

 "And don't tell Sofi, she will take it worse then you did and cause a very wet scene." Ariel prophesies.

 "The most important thing now is to not draw attention to ourselves.” I warn.

  We all nod our heads in agreement.