Chapter 27

I dropped Lili, but kept Izzy in my grasp. She was going to pay for the way she talked to me. I focus on a morph that I knew would do the job. As my body began to change shape I was able to see through the haze. It took everything in me to let Izzy go and as I did so, a violent shock stunned me. I dropped to the ground heavily.

"Snap out of it," Lili said as she put her hands on my face. Another volt went through my body and it was painful. This time it was constant since she didn't let go immediately. Whenever I tried to move her hands away from me she was quick in keeping contact and upping the severity of the shock she delivered.

After a few moments she finally let go. Unfortunately it didn't stop whatever it was inside of me that was going haywire. The urge to morph was unbearable and I felt something being forced out of my violently. As my body changed shape, this aura was expelled and it was like a mirror image of me. I watched as the last of the purple aura into the air.

There was this strange looking creature that was halfway human and halfway animal. I shifted back to human and so did it. It looked exactly like me, except her was this deep purple color. Her eyes flashed as her pupils became catlike. Suddenly, she shifted into a small black cat with piercing purple eyes and ran off.

"What the hell was that?" Jake asked as he helped Izzy to her feet.

"That was someone we should be very concerned about. And I think she's using Celeste's power to fuel whatever that was. Someone who can take control of your body and make you see things that aren't there.She wants Celeste. But she's not going to have her," Lili answered.

"She wants to be able to shift?" Jake asked.

"I do not believe that animal was her. I think it was some poor cat that she was able to get her hands on and she needs a way to keep it under control. Why she is using it I cannot say, but it is possible she is manipulating Celeste's powers just enough to get what she needs. Celeste's own mind is very difficult to manipulate - her powers are what protect her both physical and mentally, but we all know how useful her abilities are," she replied.

"Who exactly is she?" Guilherme asked.

"I have no idea. But my intuition tells me she is going to make life much harder for us. I wonder..." Lili trailed off.

"What?" Guilherme asked.

"Nothing. It is simply a suspicion, so I probably should not voice it. We should find a place to settle in so that we can make a plan for our next move."

"How are we going to make a plan, if Celeste is being attacked by someone we can't even put our hands on?" Jake asked.

"She's tangible. Very much so. But she's so powerful that she doesn't need to be here to do it. We're going to have to find a way to get her to us in person. Or find someone who can take her on in the same capacity that she can," I said.

"You think she's a psychic or something like that?" Jake asked.

I thought about it for a minute. I remembered Lili saying something about casting a spell.

"Maybe she's a witch," I said.

"That's not exactly a power though," Izzy said.

"I've never heard of a human truly being able to manipulate witchcraft. Most of the time it's just an illusion or your own mind tricking you. The whole point of being an Unknown is being able to do what humans can't," I replied.

"That would explain that cat," Guilherme said.

"It would also explain how she was able to take over Celeste's body in such a manner," Lili said.