Store

They rest of the day was so boring. I'm glad it went by as fast as it did though.

Every few minuets I found myself thinking about Mr. Horan. The way he awkwardly taught the class. The way he put his big hands through his hair while he talked.

I especially liked it when he would lick his lips. They looked so perfect. He IS the definition of perfect.

Before I thought it was so wrong to think of a teacher in such a way. But it's only a crush. How could it hurt. It won't. As I'm driving home my mother calls me.

"Hello?" I said into the phone

"Skylar? Are you on your way home?" My mother asked.

"Yes mother. I'm home at the same time everyday I'm half way there."

"Well I need you to go to the store again. John and I had a big fight and he trashed the kitchen. We have nothing. No cups or plates or food. He went into a stupid crazy rage....I'll tell you the rest when you get home." Then she hung up before I could say anything. Then I got a text from her showing everything to get. And then another message saying: I'll pay you back for everything later thank you.

By the time I get to the store it's oddly not packed. Again. I go in and get a kart this time because I'm going to be getting a bunch of shit.

I look at the time and it's almost five....I've been here for an hour. Thank The Lord I'm almost done. I just need to get some plates. The kart is big and heavy by the time I was finished. I could barley push it.

"Mam, do you need he- oh. Hello Skylar." What the fuck? Mr. Horan is here. Again?

"Hi Mr. Horan."

"What brings you here to soon after school? He asked.

"Oh. there was an accident at home, and uh, my mom asked me to come."

"Well you must be a very great daughter to be pushing all that stuff." he laughed. "Do you need help with th- you know what, I got it." I didn't even get the chance to argue. When we get to the checkout I notice it's the same girl who was flirting with him before.

"Hey you!" she squealed. her voice is so annoying...Her name tag said Lily.

"Uh, hi" he replied. She rang up all my stuff and said,

"You're price today is... $268.64. Wow! That's a lot!" She chuckled a bit. I was about to hand her my debit card when Mr. Horan took it away from me.

"Hey!" I yelled.

"It's on me. trust me it's okay." he said as he handed to girl three, one hundred dollar bills. I look at him shocked. The annoying girl looks a little irritated.After that he pushed the kart with all the bags to my car and loaded them up.

"Th-thank you Mr. Hor-" I was interrupted

"Please, while we aren't at school call me Niall." Niall. I like his name. It suits him well. I love the way the L rolls of his tongue.

"Well, Ill see you in class tomorrow." he smiled.

"Okay then. Thank you again, Niall." I said nervously.

"Anytime." At that he walked back to his car. If he was at the store why didn't he buy anything? I brushed my thoughts away and pulled out of the parking lot.

By the time I got home John was passed out on the couch drunk as hell.

Mom is at the table smoking.

"Thank you for bringing in all the groceries honey." she said

"It's the least I can do. Uh I have homework so I'm going to go to my room." I lie as I grab a bag of chips and leave to my room.

I jump on my bed and pull my phone out then start eating. I have two messages one from Lynette and one from a stranger. He/She said, "Hey is this Skylar?" I guess it's just somebody I know but don't talk to. I reply saying yes. a few seconds later they reply saying, "Hey it's Jake" oh.my.god! how did he get my number?! This is so awesome. I don't even know what to say back.

[Messages]

Me: Oh hey! Uh how did you get my number?

Jake: Lynette gave it to me.

Oh corse.

Me: You could have asked me for it you know.

Jake: I know. but I was just a little nervous.

Me: Nervous? For what?

Jake: Can I tell you something...

Me: Duh. You can tell me anything!

Jake: Really? Anything?

Me: Yes. Now tell me what you wanted to tell me!

Jake: I like you. A lot.

Ahhhhh!

Jake: But I also like Lynette, just a little bit.

[messaging over]

I knew it was too good to be true. I decided to not text him back. About five minuets later he calls and I just hit ignore. Before I know it I'm in tears. I honestly Don't know why. He's just a boy. A boy I've liked for a really long time. I wonder why he would tell me that be liked both of us. Did he tell Lynette too? I don't even want to think about this right now. Once again my phone goes off but this time it's not Jake, it's Lynette.

"Skylar, why didn't you text me back? Jake just told me you didn't answer him when he called you."

"Did he also tell you he likes both you and me?!" I yelled into the phone.

"No.." she said.

"That's what I thought. Well I'm going to bed today has been just awesome." I said sarcastically before I hung up on her. I know I have every right to be mad. But I know she's not the one I should be mad at. I'll apologize tomorrow. I really am tired though. I should sleep. I might feel better in the morning.

_________________

Hey y'all! Thank you so much for reading! I love you!

Comment what you think'll happen next?

VOTE!!!

~jeneetomlinson