Chapter 12

The rest of the weekend went smoothly. Arthur slipped back into normal Arthur; not allowing Alfred to cuddle him for long periods of time. The two both felt as though they hadn't had enough time to actually do anything together.

"Move your fat butt!" Arthur yells at Alfred. The pair were trying to get to work on time and Alfred was messing around with his outfit.

"Do you think this is alright?" Alfred turns around to face Arthur.

"You look fine. Now let's go." Arthur grabbed Alfred's arm. Alfred was going into a meeting that could allow him to get a promotion. The two quickly left the house and made their way to Arthur's work.

"Remember that we're going to a doctor's appointment." Arthur says before kissing Alfred and hopping out of the car. Alfred continued along and pulled into the underground car park at his work. He checks his hair and fixes his tie again before getting out of the car. The alpha checks his watch before realising he had 5 minutes before the meeting started. Alfred raced inside and hopped in the elevator tapping his foot on the ground as he watched the numbers go up. The elevator doors open and Alfred breathes out and tries to calm himself as he walks towards the meeting room. He walks through the open door and sighs in relief when he sees that only Gilbert, Roderich and Ludwig were there.

"Don't worry the big bosses aren't here yet." Gilbert grins.

"Thank God, I thought that I would be here after them, and we all know what that would do to my reputation." Alfred sits down.

"Arthur really changed your reputation for the better." Roderich says, his blonde German cousin agreeing.

"You did well, catching the attention of someone like him." Ludwig says, his icy blue eyes had circles under them.

"Feli keeping you busy?" Alfred asks.

"Yes, he got sick last night. I didn't want to come in however I couldn't miss this meeting." Ludwig sighs. The four males straighten up as a number of alphas and betas walk in, along with two female omegas that quickly place coffee down and leave.

"The first thing I would like to address is the promotion of Alfred F. Jones." The CEO says. They all clap in a formal manner as Alfred thanks the man. Gilbert leans over to Alfred.

"Just don't suffocate Arthur when you hug him in excitement." Gilbert chuckles. Alfred rolls his eyes and chuckles along with him.

"Now moving on, I would like to change some things about how we run this place." The alpha looks directly at a young female alpha. "I would like you to leave. You've been of no use and you have been trouble since the beginning." The lady looks at him in surprise, but quickly gathers her stuff and leaves. Alfred watches the girl leave with a glint of sympathy in his eyes, yet he quickly directs his attention back to the CEO.

Arthur walked into work with a calm look on his face. Once he walked in he noticed that Feliciano and Lovino were missing.

"Feliciano isn't feeling well so Lovino is taking care of him." Mathew smiles warmly at Arthur.

"Oh, well that isn't good." Arthur says. Mathew nods his head as he helps Arthur with his apron.

"I hear that you're going to a doctor's appointment." Mathew says.

"Yeah Alfred recommended that I go see Sofia." Arthur sighs.

"And he got recommended by moi." Francis puts a hand on his own chest.

"Of course you butted into Alfred and my private life." Arthur frowns at the Frenchman.

"I wasn't the only one, Antonio got involved as well." Francis points a finger at the tan alpha. The brunette chuckles nervously.

"I didn't come up with the idea." Antonio says.

"Honestly." Arthur says.

"Well let's get to work." Francis opens up the cafe as the other three go to their places.

Arthur leans on the counter as he waits for people to start ordering drinks. It took a bit for orders to pick up but once they hit rush hour Arthur thought his arms we're going to fall off.

"Well that's weird, rush hour wasn't as long as usual." Mathew frowns.

"Amour, do not frown. It doesn't look good on you." Francis caresses Mathew's cheek.

"I agree, maybe everyone is working or something." Antonio taps his chin. The day continued on and Alfred soon arrived.

"How did it go?" Arthur asks Alfred the second the alpha enters the cafe.

"I got it!" Alfred lifts Arthur up. Arthur laughs softly as Alfred cheers.

"What did you get?" Antonio asks.

"He got a promotion." Mathew smiles and hugs his twin. The two grin and laugh before separating.

"Well congratulations!" Antonio grins. The cafe door opens again and Gilbert walks in. The alpha takes a seat and sits back to front on it. Francis and Antonio sit down at the same table, the Spanish alpha crossing his legs on a different chair. The three quickly start talking away, slipping into their native tongue every now and then. Mathew sighs and shakes his head.

"Gil you're giving Francis a ride home. I'm not waiting for you three to stop talking." Mathew says, walking out of the cafe with Arthur and Alfred.

"Well we'll see you later." Alfred grins as he waves to his brother. Mathew nods and smiles, waving back. Arthur softly smiles as he looks between the two males.

"How sweet." Arthur says quietly.

"Huh? Did you say something Artie?" Alfred asks.

"Oh don't worry just talking to myself." Arthur says.

"Well let's get to this appointment." Alfred grins.

"Good idea." Arthur smiles. The pair hop in Alfred's car and drive to a medical centre. Hopping out of the car they walk into the small building.

"Hello, we're here to see Sofia." Alfred says. The man sitting behind the counter looks up at the pair.

"Booking name?" He asks.

"Kirkland and Jones." Arthur speaks up. The man nods typing away and clicking on the computer.

"Just take a seat, Sofia will be with you soon." He says. Arthur and Alfred take a seat on the uncomfortable chairs. Arthur grabs a magazine and flicks through it as Alfred goes on Facebook. The two wait patiently, moving every now and then as they try to get comfortable.