Chapter 23

Peter sits down at the dining table with Tino, Berwald and Lars.

"Well my brother's alright." Peter says.

"That's good." Tino smiles.

"Yeah, my mum wants me home now. She's back and she wants to see me, I think my brother's also have to come along. I told her that Arthur wasn't feeling well and won't be able to make it." Peter says.

"Does she know about Alfred?" Lars asks.

"Well, she knows Alfred and Arthur are dating, but I guess they aren't dating anymore since they're full-fledged mates." Peter mumbles.

"Do Arthur's brothers know of Arthur's, I guess you could say, extra baggage?" Tino asks.

"Well, no. I think stuff might go down if they knew about everything that's happened in the past week. From Arthur being pregnant to now being mated." Peter sighs.

"Are you going to tell them?" Berwald asks. Everyone at the table jumps slightly as the calm alpha talks.

"I'll try not to, but my mum will know I'm avoiding something instantly and lying about something. Once she catches on, all my brothers will catch on and everything will go downhill from there." Peter says.

"Well you better eat some breakfast before you leave, maybe a full stomach will help you think better." Tino smiles encouragingly. Peter nods and starts eating. Once he'd finished eating he gathers his bags and walks downstairs. Lars and Peter share a hug before he walks out the door and down the street. He sighs glancing at the house in front of him. Cars were parked in the front yard and drive way, making it a maze Peter had to get through to reach the front door. Peter walks up and opens the door before walking in and trying to get to his room without being seen.

"What are you doing?" Alistair's Scottish accent seems to be stronger than normal. That meant that he'd already had a few drinks, Peter mentally shook his head, it was only 11 in the morning.

"I'm going to put my stuff away in my room before I come downstairs." Peter continues on his way up the stairs. He drops his bag in his room and takes a deep breath before going downstairs and walking into organised chaos. His father was fast asleep in his recliner, his red hair was still noticeable even though he had more grey hair than his normal red hair.

"Peter!" His mother cries happily. She gives him a hug, her green eyes lighting up with happiness. Arthur was identical to his mother in every way. Her long blonde hair, which was slightly grey, was pulled into a tight bun.

"Hey mum." Peter says.

"I didn't see a car? How did you get here?" She asks. Peter notices his father wake up in the background, his blue eyes looking around. Alistair sat on the couch, he looked identical to his father; well a younger version. His other brothers took a seat somewhere in the small living room.

"I walked from Berwald's house. I stayed over there last night." Peter says, taking a seat on the floor. His mother walks and sits down on her own chair.

"How's Arthur?" She asks.

"He's uh good." Peter says, looking down nervously. He continually repeats in his head 'don't muck it up for Arthur' as he breathed in calmly and gave his mum a smile. "He really wanted to visit but Alfred and I told his he should rest." Peter says.

"How come Alfred didn't come?" She asks.

"I don't know, maybe he wanted to stay with Arthur." Peter says.

"How is Alfred and Arthur?" His father asks.

"They're doing fine they had a moment earlier this week but they smoothed it over." Peter smiles.

"What type of moment?" Alistair asks. Peter froze, did he lie? Or should he say he didn't know? Well either way they were lies.

"I-I don't really kn-know why." Peter laughs nervously.

"Yes you do." Sean and Jack say at the same time. Peter gulps shaking his head.

"Not really, I think I have an idea but it was a private matter." Peter says.

"Well do tell of what your idea is." Liam says.

"Does it really matter?" Peter asks; he got a bunch of nods. "Well I think Arthur overreacted about something and got mad at Alfred about it, but Arthur realised his mistake and smoothed things over." Peter says.

"What did he overreact about?" His mother's green eyes pierced Peter. He gulped wanting to just become part of the floor rug under him.

"I don't know." Peter looks down; fiddling with his shirt.

"Tell me the truth Peter, why is Arthur not here? And why are you avoiding questions about him?" His mother stared at him.

"You'll have to find out for yourself. I won't be a part of this." Peter quickly stands and leaves the room.

"Well I think we should pay our wee brother a visit." Alistair stands up. Liam,Sean and Jack follow suit.

"We'll be back soon mum." Liam says. Their father goes back to sleep as their mother starts to knit. The brothers all hop in a car together before driving to Alfred's house.

"We'll just walk in." Alistair says.

"Alistair, it's not our house we have to show manners." Liam says.

"Yeah and it's our brother, who cares about manners?" Jack says.

"Plus we'll be able to get them off guard and find out if Arthur really is sick or something." Sean looks out the window. Liam sighs and shakes his head.

"Arthur's going to kill us when he sees us." Liam mumbles as he rubs his face slightly. They navigate their way to the road before pulling onto it and heading in the direction of Alfred's house. Tino stares nervously as he sees the car go past with the four alphas.

"I think I'll call Mathew and tell him what I just saw." Tino says and hurries to the phone. He quickly calls Mathew who thanks him and calls out to Francis. The omegas hang up and Tino glances to see Lars walking out the door. "Lars where are you going?" Tino asks.

"Peter wasn't in the car, he must be at home. I also texted Michael and warned him about what I just saw." Lars quickly runs down the street to the Kirkland's house. He pushes the door open and hurries to Peter's room. Mrs. Kirkland raised an eyebrow as she watched the omega race past.

A/N: What should Arthur's child be called? Also what should Feli's child be called?