Chapter 15

Arthur felt incredibly lonely as he walked home after finishing his grocery shopping. It felt like forever since the omega had walked alone back to an empty apartment. Once he reached his apartment door he went to unlock it. He frowned when he realised that it was already unlocked. He was positive that he had locked the door when he left that morning. He reacted on instinct and reached for his phone. He stopped mid-reach when he realised that he was going to call Alfred. He quickly moved his hand towards the handle and opened it. He walked in and noticed his brother Peter sitting on the couch, eating a packet if chips.

"What are you doing here?" Arthur asks confused.

"Alfred sent me here." Peter says. Arthur frowned at the information.

"Why?" Arthur takes his shoes off.

"Since you sent Michael to stay with him, he sent me to stay with you." Peter says.

"I'm sure he knows it's hard to raise a child without a partner, I'd need an alpha to help control you." Arthur crosses his arms.

"Yeah and Alfred needs an omega's help to deal with Michael. So you bought this upon yourself." Peter looks over at his brother. The blonde omega sits down next to the small alpha.

"Well I guess that's true." Arthur mumbles as he ruffles Peter's hair. The boy chuckles and turns back to the TV, watching some random anime.

"Of course you're watching this." Arthur gestures at the TV.

"Sh! It's getting to a good part." Peter says. Arthur laughs and stands up. He goes and grabs some crackers and dip. He eats it before he decides to have a shower.

"I'm going for a shower." Arthur tells Peter. Peter nods, his eyes not leaving the TV screen. "Make sure to do your homework." Arthur says. The omega has a warm shower before changing into his pyjamas and going into the living room. He smiles when he sees Peter sitting on the couch doing his homework. Arthur decides to just order take-away, he calls up Yao's restaurant and waits for the meal to be delivered. When he hears the door knock he quickly opens it.

"Sup." Leon says.

"Oh, hello Leon." Arthur says.

"Here's your meal, also what was up last night? We heard you crying." Leon asks.

"Don't worry, I'm fine." Arthur smiles slightly.

"Well, I better get home. See you later." Leon waves.

"Goodbye." Arthur closes the door. He puts the package down on the coffee table.

"Did you get my favourite?" Peter asks.

"Of course I did." Arthur pulled out a Chinese noodle box and starts eating with a plastic fork. Peter grabs a plastic fork and his own box of noodles. The two eat away and once finished; Arthur cleans up while Peter has a shower. Once Peter was in his pyjamas Arthur questioned him on where he wanted to sleep.

"Well I would assume that I slept in your bed. I mean we could share, like we used to before you moved out. I can sleep on the couch if you want though." Peter gestures to the couch. Arthur shakes his head.

"It'll be fine if we share a bed. It would be nice to relieve some of those old memories. Do you remember when mum yelled at us for staying up all night?" Arthur chuckled.

"Yeah, and the time we got home first and locked our brothers out? Those were good times." Peter laughs. The two make their way to bed, laughing about different memories as they went. "Remember when dad freaked out after hearing that you had a crush on someone? He didn't know what to do." Peter grins.

"Yeah mum had to try and help him understand that nothing bad was going to happen. What are they going to say when they find out about this?" Arthur lies down on the bed, looking up to the ceiling.

"I assume that Alistair is going to pay Alfred a visit." Peter replies. Arthur laughs and nods.

"Yeah all those gits always tease me and mess with me, but the second someone else messes with me than apparently it's bad." Arthur looks next to him. Peter nods laughing as he looks at Arthur. "Are you still ticklish?" Arthur asks.

"No." Peter says quickly.

"Now that's a lie Peter Kirkland." Arthur pins Peter and starts tickling him. Peter bursts out in a fit of laughter. Arthur continues his torture until Peter finally shoves Arthur off. The boy was wiping the tears that fell from his eyes while still laughing.

"Please don't do that again." Peter gasps for air, still laughing slightly.

"Alright, well let's get to sleep." Arthur smiles. Peter nods and turns his lamp off , slipping under the covers. Arthur does the same and closes his eyes. He sighs hearing Peter's soft breaths. Arthur rolls onto his stomach, it didn't help and he rolled onto his side. He continued to toss and turn until Peter stood up and left the room. Arthur's tired eyes followed the boy as he walked out of the room. Soon enough the younger blonde returns holding something in his hands.

"Take this." Peter mutters. Arthur furrows his large eyebrows.

"Ok, thanks Peter." Arthur frowns at the hoodie. His eyes go wide when he realises that it's Alfred's. The omega huffs but can't help and hold it to his chest as he slowly drifts off into a soundless sleep.

"Well I was right, he did need something of Alfred's." Peter says quietly to himself. Peter fist-pumps the air and silently cheers. He slips back into bed and rolls onto his side, facing away from Arthur as he drifted off to sleep as well. Arthur unconsciously curls slightly around the hoodie as he covers his stomach with it.

Michael had forced Alfred to sleep back in his bed so that Michael could sleep in the guest bed. The blonde alpha had carefully pulled down the nest made on the bed. He put all the pillows and blankets back in their place in the closet. He had sighed when he flopped down on his bed. All of it just smelt like Arthur; from his normal scent to his deodorant and cologne. Alfred sighed as he got comfortable. He made a mental note to wash the sheets in the morning, however he knew that wouldn't do too much only lessen the smell slightly. The alpha stretched out in a starfish like manner.

"This is going to be a long night." Alfred grumbles.