Chapter 14

Arthur was leaning on the couch still covering his face when he heard a knock on the door. Arthur stops his crying to listen to another knock on the door.

"It's Lukas." Arthur slowly stood up. He walked over to the door and unlocked it before opening it enough for Lukas to enter. The male walked in and waited for Arthur to lock to door again. "What's going on?" Lukas asks. Arthur looks up at Lukas and the omega raises an eyebrow at Arthur.

"Just some stuff, I'm just going to bed." Arthur grumbles.

"You don't sound like you're just going to bed." Lukas replies.

"Look I don't want to talk about it." Arthur crosses his arms.

"Well you should, it makes everything easier when you tell people what's wrong." Lukas says.

"Well there are people who know, and anyway this is private." Arthur wanted Lukas to leave. The Norwegian always found a way to make Arthur spill his emotions.

"Has it got something to do with Alfred?" Lukas asks. Arthur goes to answer but quickly shakes his head. He walks over to the door and unlocks it.

"Leave." Arthur opens the door.                       

"Arthur, you should see Alfred about this." Lukas says as he walks towards the door.

"Please, just leave me alone." Arthur sighs.

"Well goodbye." Lukas walks back to his apartment.

"Goodbye." Arthur mumbles. He closes the door and walks into his bedroom. He pulls the covers back and hops in, he rolls onto his side facing the other side of the bed. He could just faintly smell Alfred from where he had slept two weeks ago. Just before his heat was the last time Alfred and himself where in this bed, they'd both had a bad day at work and decided to go here instead and going back to Alfred's. Arthur rolled away and tried to block out the faint smell. Eventually he got to sleep but he found himself asleep on Alfred's side of the bed.

The next morning Arthur slowly woke up. He sighed realising that there was no cheery alpha lying next to him. He quickly goes into the kitchen, realising that he had to make himself breakfast. Looking around he found his favourite cereal. Pouring himself a bowl he quickly ate some before deciding to clean up his apartment. He even found himself putting Alfred's clothes in the wash.

"Well he'll need them back, I may as well wash them." Arthur says.

Alfred woke up and found himself searching for the warmth of his boyfriend. Yet he found no such warmth. He sighed before placing his arm over his eyes. He slowly gets out of bed and walks downstairs. He makes breakfast and realises that he had made enough food for two people. He put a hand on his head as he shook his head. The doorbell rang before he could throw away the leftovers. He walked over to the door and opens it. Francis, Michael and Mathew stood at the door.

"What are you guys doing here?" Alfred asks.

"Arthur thought you could use some company." Francis smiles.

"Arthur?" Alfred questions.

"Oui when I dropped him off he wanted me to send Michael to stay here. He said that you like talking and playing sport with him." Francis replies.

"Oh, well come in. There's some breakfast in the kitchen, also shouldn't you be ready for school?" Alfred asks.

"The bus will pick him up from here in half an hour. It's now your job to look after him." Mathew smiles.

"But that's going to be hard without an omega." Alfred complains.

"I'm sure Arthur will give you advice." Mathew smiles.

"Well, how is Arthur?" Alfred asks.

"I don't know, he seemed quite distraught last night and when Lukas questioned him he told Lukas to leave. Lukas texted me this morning asking what was wrong with Arthur." Francis supplies.

"Well send Peter to stay with Arthur, as much as Arthur and Peter fight Artie's always liked being in the company of family. His mum has gone on holidays again due to her sickness so Peter is staying with Alistair." Alfred says.

"Sure thing." Mathew gives his brother a hug. The couple leave and Alfred goes inside. Michael had eaten his fill and was now texting on his phone.

"Michael go get ready for school." Alfred says, waving the young brunette off.

"I'm going, jeez." Michael leaves. Alfred eats his breakfast and washes the dishes up. He hears the bus honk it's horn.

"Michael! The bus is here!" Alfred yells up the stairs. Michael walks down and says a quick goodbye, even hugging Alfred.

"Look, uh Al I think you should just wait it out. I mean Arthur will come back." Alfred looked at his cousin in surprise. The boy quickly leaves the house and hops on the bus.

"What are you doing here?" Oscar asks.

"Just helping Al out." Michael says. Mathew had told him about what was going on, and to keep his mouth shut about everything.

"You're not telling us something." Charlotte says.

"Because I would hurt both my cousins if I say anything." Michael ends the conversation.

Alfred went and had a shower before changing into his work clothes. He grabs his keys and leaves, hopping in his car and driving to work. He walks in and goes to his private office. He tells Toris to not let anyone in and to just leave messages. Toris had looked at Alfred with concerned green eyes but decided not to say anything. Alfred had sat down and started his work, Toris sending emails through when people left messages for Alfred. Eventually the door opened and Alfred moved his attention to the albino alpha looking at him. Gilbert sighs and closes the door.

"I thought I told Toris to not let anyone in." Alfred says.

"Yeah I just shoved past him." Gilbert sits down. "Now look, you should go out tonight. We could go to one of the local bars with Mathias." Gilbert grins. Alfred just shakes his head.

"One; I'm looking after Michael, two; I honestly don't think that I'll get Arthur back by going out and getting myself drunk. I want to make myself a reliable alpha, maybe that'll show Arthur that I can look after him." Alfred says.

"Look Al, you're more reliable than a lot of alphas that have kids. You just need to let Arthur figure out what he wants to do, but either way Arthur will be back. I know it seems cliché, but I know that it's true." Gilbert stands up and pats Alfred's back before leaving. "I think Mat and I will visit tonight, just to talk; no drinks." Alfred nods.

"I can do that." Alfred smiles. Gilbert just grins.