Chapter 5: "Welcome to Your First Day In Hell"

Start from the beginning

"Wow nice ride," she complimented as she glided right past me and straight to my dads car. I grabbed her hand and turned her back to me before she could even touch it. 

"Nice piercing..." I said admirably. "How bout you turn around and walk towards me again.." 

She playfully hit my arm, "Jay Anderson," she said pretending to scold, "are you admitting to checking me out?" 

I reached my arms around her and grabbed that firm ass of hers. "Damn right I am," 

I felt my cheeks heat up by the way a tiny gasp escaped her throat. "And uh...I know some other place you and I could check after school today if you're interested...just you..me...a bigger car with bigger space..." 

She leaned her head back and pretended to think. "Um.....let me think..." she leaned in again and pressed her lips to mine. Mmm....making out with Shenise. That was something most of the guys at school could only dream to dream about in their miserable lives, especially Aaron. But I got to do it on the daily.

Finally after biting her full bottom lip she pulled away and licked mine after purring, "I'll clear my schedule..." I chuckled as I wrapped my arm around her waist and headed up towards the building with Aiden and Jenni trailing behind us. 

Now Shenise and I are friends, but Aiden and Jenni are not the same kind of friends that Shenise and I are. Shenise and I are the kind of friends that call each other at eleven o'clock or later when you "can't sleep" or just wanna "kick it" for the late lonely hours. Aiden and Jenni are a bit more serious than that. Jenni has nice evenly tanned skin and thick brown hair that falls down her back in soft waves.

She's a nun compared to Shenise, which simply translates into more conservative. She's kinda shy until you get to know her and very cute, with light blue eyes and and an easy but open smile. She was good for Aiden. Wherever they were going in their relationship, I approved.  

As we walked up to the school I was pulled out my fantasies of what Shenise and I would end up doing tonight.  

"Who. The hell...would drive that death trap?" I heard her say loud enough for her girls and the driver to hear. I turned to see what she meant, when suddenly I saw it...the black idiot-hearse driver. She stepped out of the car with her black hood already upon her head, pointing the way it had last time. While Shenise and all her girls giggled at her remark I froze in my tracks, a mixture of paranoia and anger sweeping over me.  

"Jay, what are you doing?" Shenise asked, bringing me back. At the sound of my name the supposedly witch turned and locked eyes with me again. I felt my shoes nail to the floor. I stared back at her, my eyes squinting as I asked myself, who are you... 

The girl's lips twitched up in a small half smile and I seemed to hear something say, you'll find out soon enough... 

"Ew, Jay I think its looking at you," I heard Shenise whisper. "Hey freak! Ya like what you see?" she asked, rubbing her nails up and down my torso. I still didn't move.  Who had answered me like that..?

"Well its too bad because this," she paused for dramatic effect, grabbing the front of my shirt, "is mine." And with that said she reached up again and shoved her tongue down my throat. That snapped me out of my trance, probably because it caught me off guard, so I pushed her away. Mistake. "Jay, what are you doing?" She scoffed. "Don't tell me you're you're interested in....." she eyed the girl up and down, "that..." 

I scoffed. "As if. I'm just trying to figure out what I'm looking at. Hey dude, for the record, I'm straight so I'm really not interested," I teased grabbing Shenise's butt again for emphasis. She jumped with a little squeal and turned to pretend to scold me for smacking her ass in public. I ignored her. I was just waiting to get a reaction from this chick. Not getting anything we started walking toward her direction since she was in front of the school. 

"You're father has a very nice car," she said in a strong but quiet voice that was barely above a whisper, "It was very nice of him to let you drive it this morning." 

My group fell silent. Even Shenise wasn't bitching beside me. "The fuck has my dad got to do with anything?" I asked trying to keep my temper from exploding. "And what the hell do you know about us? You a stalker or something?" The girls laughed. At least they were on my side. The mysterious-witch girl just continued to stare doe-eyed at me, like she was searching for something she couldn't seem to find. Her brows furrowed as she looked harder. 

"Hello?" Shenise interrupted thankfully. "Don't just stare at him like a deer in headlights. You got something to say or don't you?" She questioned with attitude ringing in her face and carrying in her voice. I smirked. She was so hot when she got territorial over me. I grabbed her waist and led her away. 

"C'mon babe. Do you know how bad it would look if I let you fight a dude and didn't do anything to help the poor thing? I'd be branded a devil forever." 

She turned to me and rubbed my ears between her fingers, "you've already been branded a devil." 

I chuckled, "I know..." 

"No," the witch thing spoke again, "you're not a devil Jesse Anderson. You just....need to stop giving in to him...." 

Ok. Now this is getting fucking annoying. "What the fuck are you a pastor in disguise?" 

"More like a satanist," one of her friends muttered. 

"Thank-you! I believe in God so take your devil worshipping, voodoo nonsense back to the bayou or hell where you belong." The girls and some other people who overheard passing by "oohed" and laughed, already beginning to officiate the two nicknames I'd given her. I pulled Shenise along beside me as we passed her, and Shenise harshly rammed into the girl's shoulder so hard she almost fell over. "Good one," I praised her kissing the side of her hair. 

She shrugged proudly, "I know." 

As we passed her car one more thought came to my mind. "Oh and one more thing," I said turning back to the witch-girl. I held my car keys up in my hand and made one big long scratch on the hood of her already ancient looking hearse. A chorus of "oooh's" and "Ohh's" followed immediantly. "That's for nearly taking out me and my buddy. Have an..'enchanted' day witch," I scoffed at her.  

"You are so hot right now," Shenise whispered in my ear. I was feeling hot. That should teach her, I thought. You may be a witch, but you can't mess with a king. As I tossed my head over my shoulder I saw her looking after me with a sadness and regret settling deep in her lime green eyes. I scoffed.  Let her cry, I thought. But something kept saying the look of sadness wasn't because of me....but for me....