Life Is Just To Short...

DJ'S POV.

POW!

Kayla shot Quay in the Chest. When I seen the love of my life get shot, everything in me died. Two more shots where fired and Kayla dropped to the floor. I looked back to see Zaye with his gun still aimed at Kayla's body. I shot the dude that tried to grab his gun. Then shot Kayla five more times in the head and ran over to quay. I quickly untied her and held her in my arms. I'm too late. She was struggling for air and blood was coming up from her mouth. I know some people think that thugs don't suppose to cry, but I don't give a fuck. Even though I never cried in front of ANYBODY, I cried.

"Baby hold on, please. *Sniff * " I said picking her up and running out the house to the car. Zaye untied Ciara and they followed close behind. They both hopped in the front while I sat in the back holding Quay.

"Baby please hold on, please don't leave me. I'm sorry, *Sniff * Quayla I'm sorry ! Please... God please. " I said. She looked at me and had a faint smile. Even though she did that, I wasn't feeling any better. It looked like life was being sucked out of her by the second.

"Quayla, I love you and I can't live without you. Be strong baby... be strong. Quayla I wanna marry you. I want you to have my baby. I want us to be a family *Sniff* like how we planned. I don't want to lose you. I know I Fucked up and I'm SORRY! I'll do anything for you baby. You're my ride or die, my soul mate. My love. *Sniff * Please don't leave me, I need you. Without you ... *Sniff* I'm nothing. I ain't shit without you. You light up my world, you made me the man I am today. *Sniff *" I said still talking to her. I looked up to see Zaye devastated. He was crying hard as hell and Ciara was too.

"Quayla come on sis, I can't live without you. Just hold on. *Sniff * we almost there. Please hold on... *Sniff * I love you, I need you. " he said looking back at her. But her eyes were slowly closing. I hope my baby make it, because if she don't... I wouldn't live any longer....

When we made it to the hospital, I let the nurses/doctors take over. I sat in the waiting wrong for it seems like forever. All I could do was think about Quay, I just hope she make it.

6 hours later...

The nurse finally came out and asked for us.

"How is she doing, she okay?! " I asked scared of the results.

"We'll sir, Good news and bad news. Quayla will live to see another day. The bullet was 20 cm away from her heart and we managed to get it out. But unfortunately, she has lost a lot of blood. And she lost the baby... " she said. It felt like a knife stabbed me in the back when she said I lost my baby. Even though he/she wasn't born, I still loved it with all my heart. A tear slid down my cheek and Zaye laid his hand on my shoulder for comfort. "I'm sorry man, but it's going to be okay. " he said and I nodded my head.

"Can I see her? " I asked the nurse. She nodded but stopped when noticed Zaye and Ciara following behind.

"Tonight we only allow one visiter, but you may come back tomorrow morning" she said. Zaye and Ciara was pissed at first but accepted it. They told me to tell Quay they'll be here in the morning, and we say our goodbyes. I followed the nurse to Quay's room and walked inside. I shut the door and looked obedience at her. She was sleep. I walked over beside her bed and sat in a chair. I grabbed hee hand and covered it with mine. Her eyes slowly fluttered open and she looked at me. The biggest smile spreaded across her face and I could tell she was happy to see me.

"How you feeling baby? " I asked her.

"Good " she said hoarsely. I reached her some water that was sitting on the nightstand. She drunk it and I sat it back down. I looked at her and even though she wasn't looking herself, she was still beautiful. I don't know what I would do without this girl man, she's my life.

"Look Quayla, I'm sorry about... "

"Don't Darius. I forgive you. " she said cutting me off. I gave her a kiss and she smiled.

"Was all that true ... about you wanting to marry me and stuff? " she asked.

"Hell yea, I want to live the rest of my life with you Quayla. After almost losing you tonight, I realized that I couldn't live without you. I want you to be my wife." I said. I reached in my pocket and pulled out a small black box. When she seen it, her eyes lit up.

"Oh my God... Darius... " she said amazed

"Quayla... I love you. You've should me so many things in life. How to be happy, how to love, and honestly when we first met, I fell for you. You got something special, something I need. Your my oxygen, my heart. Without you, my life would be incomplete. I never thought a thug like me would fall so hard for a girl like you. Your my other half, my bestfriend, my lover, my rock. Shit you my everything baby. What I'm really tryna say is, Quayla... will you marry me? " I asked. Her smile got wider and her eyes got brighter.

"YES! oh my God, yes" she said and I put the ring on her finger. I kissed her passionately and smiled. I felt like the happiest man in the world, fuck that I was the happiest man in the world. She looked down at her stomach then back up to me. She became teary-eyed and I comforted her.

"My baby's gone *Sniff *" she said. I held her hand and kissed her.

"Baby it's okay, he/she is in a better place. We can start over and do this the right way " I said trying to make her feel better. She wiped her tears and grinned.

I climbed in bed behind her and wrapped her in my arms. I'm just Thankful that this won't be the last time....

THANKS FOR READING! I KNOW IT'S SHORTS, BUT HERE'S YOUR UPDATE! TELL ME IF YOU LIKED IT OR NOT! EXCUSE THE MISTAKES! VOTE, FAN, AND COMMENT!

HERE ARE SOME QUESTIONS.

•HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THIS CHAPTER?

•WAS IT GOOD?

•WAS IT SAD?

•WAS IT THE WAY YOU THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE?

•QUAY AND DJ...

•HOW GOOD OF A COUPLE ARE THEY?