CHAPTER 20 PART TWO

One year ago

     "I'm leaving. I'm going to break up with him tomorrow and never look back," I thought to myself as I finished my shift. I gathered my things and headed out the door to end things with Seth. I pulled out my phone and called my best friend Matt "Matt, I need you to meet me outside Seth's in like 10 minutes and if I'm not outside come in," I said in a hurry. 

"Why? What's up?" He asked worried.
"I'm ending it and if I'm not outside by the time you get there you'll need to come in and help me get out if I'm not dead by the time you get there," I said and hung up before walking into the house. 

"Hey baby, how was work?" Seth asked in a soft voice like he did when we first started dating and everything was great. It was always the same, he'd be sweet and loving and then he'd get angry and explode out of nowhere and I was always the one thing he took his anger out on. Then he'd apologize and say he was sorry and it wouldn't happen again and that he was gonna change for me, for us. It was always the same old bullshit and I was tired of it. I knew that if I didn't get out fast that it wouldn't be long before he killed me from taking it too far. 

"It was okay," I mumbled softly. 

"You'll have to speak up baby, I can't hear you," He chuckled standing up. I flinched when he touched me but he just gently wrapped me in a hug. "I'm sorry about last night, you just really pushed my buttons," He said kissing the top of my head. 

"Seth, we need to talk," I finally said stepping out of his grip. 

"Okay," He said and sat back down. I stayed where I was, close to the door. 

"I'm leaving you," I said boldly. 

"Excuse me?" He asked harshly.

"I'm done, I want out," I said. He stood up with rage in his eyes. "I'm done," My voice shaked and I hated it. 

"You don't just leave me toots," He said grabbing a hold of my hair. I had to stand on my tip toes so I wouldn't be off the ground. 

"Seth please, just let me go," I begged.

"You're not fucking leaving!" He yelled throwing me against the wall by my hair. I felt the air leave my lungs and I gasped. Before I could regain my breath his foot connected to my rib cage. I hold back the tears as he just kept going, his foot connecting with every inch of my body. By the time Matt showed up my vision was spotting and I was curled into a ball. This was it, this was how I was going to die. I blacked out and woke up in the hospital. 

    Alison's P.O.V.

        By the time I finished telling my story I was bawling and Drake had me embraced in a hug tears in his eyes as well. "My God Alison, I'm so sorry," He cried. "I had no idea you had been through so much. I can't believe I caused you to relive all of that," He sobbed. I wiped my tears and nose and looked up at him. 

"Just promise me that this isn't going to be like that. Promise me please," I begged. 
"I could never hurt you like that Petal," He said and kissed me passionately. "I will always protect you my love. Where exactly does this Seth person live if you don't mind my asking," He asked darkly hugging me. 

"Why...?" I trailed. 

"I just want to check in on him," He chuckled darkly. I hesitated and then told him. He kissed me goodbye and left shortly after. I was worried he was going to get arrested but it was nice to know he cared enough to pay that asshole a visit.