And what had she been doing at whatever bloody corner she had been hiding in all this time? Watching me writhe in misery and immense pain for the freaking fun of it?

"You have been here all this time." Kane voiced out one of my thoughts in rage. "Why the hell did you not do something?!"

"Why," her voice feigned innocence, "I was waiting for you to ask, of course."

"You-"

"Stop it!" I forced my eyes open, blinking as the dark shady images of the bedroom flooded my vision, and wearily scanned it for Reina. Though, I didn't have to look far because the Night Witch stood at the left side of the small room, watching me in amusement through soulless black eyes.

"I don't know what your game is but please." I sucked in a large amount of air as I fought to complete the sentence. "Please...get that baby out of me."

"You know you should be dead by now," Reina commented before stepping out of the corner and making her way towards the bed. "But of course, you are not. You are strong and actually capable of surviving this." She eyed my helpless and quivering state for a moment.

"On second thought, you are well dead without me."

"Enough with the talk," Kane interrupted with a snarl. "Will you help us or not?"

Instead of answering immediately, she stopped by my side and traced a long black nail down the side of my face, trapping the perspiration as she did so. "What will you give me in return if I did, hm?"

I answered before Kane could. "Anything."

I felt Kane's glare on me from where he stood at my right, but I didn't care. We were desperate. And at this point, I'd give anything to be rid of the burden refusing to relieve me of the pain it caused.

Reina grinned at the answer I worded and lifted a lean finger, pointing it towards my abdomen. "Then by all means, how can I refuse?"

☆~☆~☆

The Night Witch watched in self-satisfaction as the woman sighed in relief and held the babe close to her chest.

Anything.

That answer the young she-wolf had foolishly given made the shadows whisper excitedly in her ear, filling her mind with so many ideas that she had to keep herself from laughing out loud in pure delight.

Oh, how the night had turned out perfectly.

Reina knew, the second those minions had brought in that feeble human doctor from the closest town miles away, that he was that desperate to get the babe out safely and not endanger his precious wife in the process.

She also knew that the doctor had no special skills that would have been able to righten their situation. Even if Kane had gotten someone who was capable of doing the job perfectly, that person would've never been able to succeed so long as Reina held the baby in place and prevented it from moving an inch.

She suspected that he would kill the woman out of frustration if she didn't deliver pleasant results, but Reina couldn't care less. So long as she got what she wanted, she didn't mind who got hurt or murdered in the process.

It was her way of life. Completely fair and acceptable in her point of view.

"Well?" The Night Witch arched an eyebrow. "I'm waiting."