Chapter 14

Kane pulled back, though just far enough to enable his gaze to lock on mine.

Reaching up between us to bunch a fist full of his shirt in my hands, I clenched my teeth, forcing myself not to be swayed by his alluring actions. "Get the hell away from me."

He tsked, placing a finger on my navel. My breathing soon became laboured as he gradually traced it up to the valley right between my breasts and let it rest there. "Why do you resist me?"

I blew out a breath, willing the disruption in my nerves to settle down, and refused to answer.

There were a whole bunch of reasons why I was resisting him. But surprisingly, my head couldn't even wrap around one, let alone voice it out loud. What the hell was happening to me?

"You have not bonded with your wolf yet, have you?" he continued to question, though that particular observation sounded more like a statement. "I can sense it. Your physical attraction to me - to Albus - is...weak. Mere human in fact, not as potent as I expected from a lonely she-wolf."

"I told you," I started to say. My voice, however, unwillingly came out as a whisper due to his distracting closeness. "We aren't mates."

"Hmm." Instead of opposing like he usually did, Kane just hummed before moving his finger again, slowly. That same finger glided gently under my right breast, causing me to stiffen even further against him. Out of instinct, I pulled my hand away from his chest in an attempt to shove him off me. But as if he'd already anticipated my move, my hands were bound behind my back before I could blink and were flattened against the wall.

I gasped in surprise and in slight pain at the sudden movement and pressure, but his next words had me wishing that I'd just kept my mouth shut.

"I can assure that you would be making much more pleasant sounds than that while I claim you."

Claim me? Defiantly, I rose my chin up in an attempt to gather up some courage before speaking, "You're out of your mind. And that wouldn't even happen in your dreams."

"Oh, you are sure?" he murmured as the tone of his voice lowered, replacing where his finger had been with his thumb before beginning to rub circles right at that spot. "Then it is a good thing dreams are only a figment of one's imagination, so I would not even need that to be in my dreams. Since, as you know, I can make it reality."

Kane leaned in again and rubbed the tip of his nose along my cheek. I resisted the treacherous urge to succumb to the surprisingly soothing act. "Do you want to know what I felt the very minute I came across you for the first time that night?"

No! I tried to push him off me once again, but the effort and result were equivalent to an ant trying to shove a brick-building out of its way. Impossible. What on earth does he feed on?

I knew that werewolves became strong once they bonded with their inner wolf. Really strong. But I didn't know they would become strong up to the point where they resembled the structure of a concrete wall.

"No," I answered a little out of breath once I gave up the effort to struggle. "I don't want to hear it."

A ghost of a smile appeared at the edges of his lips before he opened his mouth to speak, as if I hadn't just denied him the right to tell me. "I recognized the feeling, as I have felt it before. And as always it makes me, believe it or not, tremble. I always feel something pleasurable glide along my skin, right across my spine and up to the back of my neck. Something close to this."

Kane reached behind me and pulled me roughly towards his body, creating a small space between my back and the wall. With one hand holding my hands tightly, his other hand tugged at the edge of my blouse before slipping inside and gliding upwards, along my bare skin.