Chapter 17

The deep feminine voice rumbled with a chuckle as the owner stepped out from the shadows. I struggled to contain my composure, especially with Albus still naked on top of and inside me, as her lithe body sauntered a step closer towards the bed.

Just like the first time I'd seen her when I'd been in the cage, her pupils were as black as night. Her black hair floated queerly around her neck as if there was a persistent breeze surrounding her as it blended in the shadows. Her dress, the same hue as her hair, also appeared as if shadowed bodies were whirling around her frame to cover her nakedness.

Albus remained still even as he slowly twisted his head to look at the Night Witch with a firm unmoving jaw. "What are you doing here?"

The malign beauty's lips curved to form a smirk. "Enjoying the view."

"You witch," Albus growled, and in a swift movement, he was on his feet, dismissing the fact that he didn't have any clothes on. "If I could, I would end your deceitful life this very moment."

Her voice held an obvious tone of mockery as she replied, "I would end up getting your race extinct if I killed a werewolf for each time some worthless soul says that to me."

Albus growled. "You deserve worse than mere words, Reina."

"I grow weary of your threats, my dear Albus." Reina let out a dramatic sigh. "But I assume there are times when we do not get what we want."

The werewolf's nostrils flared as he assessed the witch in front of him. "Get out of my sight."

"I am afraid I cannot do that, my dear," the Night Witch said nonchalantly before she delicately swung her hand in his direction. "And don some clothes Albus. Your enormous manhood might be tempting but it does not do any of us any good lying limp like that."

She then cast him a sly grin. "Am I truly that unappealing?"

"Extremely," Albus answered with a glare, yet snatched his shorts from where he'd hastily discarded it on the floor and grudgingly pulled it on. "Now tell me what the hell you want then get out."

Reina huffed lightly. "Kane is a much more pleasing company."

At Albus' persistent glare, she widened her grin yet gave him no answer before surprisingly turning to face me, her expression no more playful.

"Return. You are of no use anymore."

What? I nearly uttered in shock at the fact that she had addressed me out of the blue and commanded me to do something that I simply could not adhere to. "Return?" I repeated in an uncertain whisper.

"Did I not make my words clear?" The Night Witch arched a dark eyebrow. "I dismiss you back into your cage. Your job here is done."

My eyes widened. I just had the opportunity to escape, and she now was ordering me to go back? A low desperate sound bubbled urgently in my throat, all fear forgotten.

Never.

"You can't do that."

"No?"

"This is my body. My human," I said more defiantly, trying to calm the tremble slowly seeping into my voice. "You can't make me go back in there. I'm in control now."

Reina cocked her head to the side and watched me with soulless eyes. "You are in control now, are you?" she questioned dubiously.

Unable to respond due to the obvious threat laced in her cold tone, I gave a shaky, cowardly nod.

"I see."

Before I could comprehend what was happening, Reina swiftly lifted her right hand and aimed it at my direction. In a flash, one of the shadows swirling around her body shot out of its initial position and flew towards me.