Chapter 16

A/N: PG-13 SCENES AHEAD! BE WARNED.

☆~☆~☆

There was only one fact that rushed through my whole being the very second I felt myself being let out of that forsaken cage.

Alive. I'm alive.

I could literally feel myself taking over my human's vessel. An invisible force of some sort forcefully pulled my human's soul into the cage and locked her up as I was permitted control over the body. It was like being given the power to resist the intense gravity in a black hole and succeeding in escaping, whilst watching other fragments get sucked in without mercy.

Like hell I didn't enjoy the sensation of being set free after decades of being shut down by the very person who I was supposed to be connected with in one body.

Choosing not to use that moment to spite, I instead focused on my oncoming reign of the vessel which at long last, was in session.

My very first sense to appear was sight. The images were blurry at the beginning, but after blinking for some time, I could see clearer. And although it wasn't like I couldn't see while I was trapped in the cage, that was like watching from someone else's point of view, seeing whatever my human wanted to see and not being able to control where and when to look from my end.

However, that was ending tonight.

I could feel sensations swirling within my limbs and other parts of my body as I attempted to move, a curious yet victorious smile curving at the edge of my lips.

So this is what being in control feels like. It wasn't like being locked up in a confined space at all. Not even close. Because at that moment, I felt free for the first time in my life.

I closed my eyes and savoured the various odours drifting in the air for the first time. Unconsciously, I breathed in a totally unfamiliar yet alluring scent that wafted deliciously across my nostrils.

The smell was amazing, and I loved it.

It was just so sweet that I couldn't help but lick my lips in anticipation of what was awaiting me behind that door where the scent undoubtedly originated from.

I smirked as a shudder raked my back, preceding the sound of a familiar voice.

Please. My human begged from within her prison. Don't do this.

"Don't worry, my human," I assured her with a mischievous grin etched across my lips. "You won't regret this."

No, don't! We both will. Listen to me!

Ignoring her protests and constant rattling of the cage's bars, I flexed my arms and curled my fingers around the chains that had been bound to the shackles around my wrists. Clutching them tightly, I kept my eyes strained on the door as I began to pull against the restraints.

The chains proved tough as they bit into my palms and scraped their surface, but there was no way I'd let anything stop me from getting what I wanted.

And eventually, I succeeded.

One more tug and the wall suddenly gave way for the chains embedded in the wall to break away, propelling me to lose my footing and slightly stumble forward. But in a swift movement, I rightened my stance.

Fragments from the cemented wall collided harshly against my bare legs, but I didn't pay any heed to the pain that erupted from the impact as my mind's focus was centered on the door that now seemed almost a breath away.