He's so cute when he's asleep

Seth's P.O.V.

We'd finally finished packing our living room. Lucky for us, the house we bought was fully furnished, so we didn't need to take our furniture.

I looked down at Riley, who was passed out on the couch.

He's cute when he's asleep.

No he isn't. Stop it.

I looked up at my mom, who was taping shut and marking the last box. She set the box on top of the others, then looked at Riley and laughed.

"He's the one who fell asleep? I thought it'd be you."

"Why me?" I asked, laughing.

"You're the one who had football practice."

"Fair I guess," I laughed. I honestly wanted to pass out too, but I wasn't about to lay on the couch with Riley. Not with my mom in the house, anyway.

"You'd better wake him up so you two can get to bed," my mom said, looking at the clock.

"Guess so," I said, looking down at Riley.

"I'm going to see if I can get a moving truck out here tomorrow morning," my mom said, walking out of the room.

I looked back down at Riley, wondering if I should wake him up.

Should I? I could just carry him.

What if he woke up?

I shrugged, deciding to take my chances. I bent over him, picking him up as gently as I could. He made a small noise, but other than that, he didn't move. His head rested against my chest.

I started walking toward the stairs, slowly at first then faster. I walked even faster past the entryway to the kitchen, knowing my mom was in there. Luckily, she didn't see me.

I carried him up the stairs, then walked into my room and set him on my bed. I was afraid I'd drop him if I tried to put him on the ground.

I looked at the clock. The time was well past 10.

I pulled my shirt off before laying down on his makeshift bed, deciding to let him sleep on mine. After a while, I fell asleep.