Spilled

Riley's P.O.V.

After a few hours, we heard the door open and close. I looked at Seth, who looked at the clock. "It's Lily," he said nonchalantly.

I laughed and looked back at the TV.

Lily walked into the living room, setting her bookbag down. "Hey," she said, sitting on a chair and looking at the TV.

"Hey," I said. Seth didn't say anything.

I looked up at the clock. The time was 3:30. Seth's mom would be home in... two hours and thirty minutes?

By the time I looked back at the TV, I was dead. I looked at Seth, who had a smirk on his face.

A sexy smirk.

You're 15, shut up.

It's still sexy though.

I smiled back at him, laughing. "No fair, I was looking away."

"Shouldn't do that," he grinned.

"Guess not," I laughed.

"Mom called the school and said she's coming home early," Lily said.

"She did?" Seth asked. "Why didn't she call me?"

"She said she didn't want to bother you cause she didn't know if you calmed Riley down yet."

I looked down, embarrassed.

"Shush," Seth said to Lily, seeing the look on my face. "When's she getting home?"

Lily looked up at the clock. "Twenty minutes."

"Ah, cool," Seth said, exiting out of the game and turning the TV off. "Wanna go upstairs, Riley? You can put some of your stuff away."

"Alright," I said, standing up and picking up my bag.

"I thought you didn't have anything?" Lily questioned.

"Uh..." I started, looking at Seth.

"Don't worry about it, Lily," Seth said, "we went shopping today."

"Yeah," I agreed, walking toward the stairs. Seth followed behind me.

We went upstairs and into Seth's room. I set my bag down on my makeshift bed, opening it. "I grabbed enough clothes to last me a week."

"Alright, cool," Seth said, going over to his dresser and opening am empty drawer. "This can be your drawer."

"Alright," I laughed, taking some pairs of clothes out of my bag and folding them before standing up and putting them in the drawer.

"What else?"

"I got my iPod and headphones," I told him, taking them out of the bag and setting them in the drawer.

"And?"

"And three more things," I said, sitting on the floor next to the bag. Seth sat next to me.

I pulled out the doll that Abby sewed for me.

"What's that? A doll?"

"My little sister made it for me," I said softly, looking down at it. I felt tears again but I fought them back.

"Ah..." Seth trailed off.

I pulled out the picture album, setting it on the ground next to me. I looked out of the corner of my eye at Seth. He was looking at it, but he didn't touch it.

I took the small sculpture out of the bag last, holding it in my hands and looking at it. It was a sculpture of a lion, not a very good one, since I was like five when my mom and I made it together. I stood up and carefully put the sculpture and the doll in the drawer.

I sat next to Seth again, staring at the picture album.

"A photo album?" He asked.

"Yeah," I confirmed, picking it up and opening it. The first picture was a picture of my whole family when I was about 13. Abby was 7.

"That's your mom and dad? And Abby?"

"Yeah," I sniffed. I didn't want to cry again.

Seth looked up at me, a sad look in his eyes.

His eyes are too pretty to be sad.

"Are you ever going to tell me what happened?"

But then you'll be weirded out by me. You won't even want to be my friend...

But I can't hide it forever, can I?

"I guess I'll tell you," I said softly. He sat up slightly.

I told him everything. I even told him some things I'd never told anyone else. I didn't really mean to, it just all spilled out. By the time I was done, I was crying again.

I wiped my eyes, sniffing.

"Oh wow..." he trailed off. "Your dad's a dick."

"I know," I sobbed. "I don't want to see him ever again..."

"It's okay," he said, moving so he was sitting next to me. "You've got me."

"You're not weirded out by me?"

"I'm not like your dad."