A Good Bed

Riley's P.O.V.

Well, Jess didn't tell me she had a hot son.

I grinned to myself at the thought.

"Riley?" Seth asked.

I looked up, realizing that Seth was already halfway up the stairs. "You coming?"

"Uh, yeah," I said softly, walking up past his sister and following him down the hallway to his room.

"We have to find something for you to wear..." Seth trailed off. He knelt in front of a dresser, opening a drawer. I walked over to him and sat on the ground near him.

"Are you homeless?" He asked, not even looking up from the drawer.

"Uh," I croaked, "I am now..."

"Well, my mom will let you stay with us," he smiled, looking back up at me. His eyes were the prettiest blue grey, and his smile was just as warm as Jess's.

"I'm so glad," I laughed softly, "I didn't know what I was going to do..."

"What happened?" He asked, looking back down at the drawer, sorting through it.

"Uh..." I choked, "I don't really want to talk about it."

"Ah," he said, glancing up at me for a split second before looking back at the drawer. "Okay."

He pulled out a pair of black and white fleece checkered pajama pants, checking the size of the waistband. "I doubt this will fit you... I think this is the smallest I have."

"Okay," I said, taking them out of his hand, purposely brushing my hand against his. He didn't notice.

He stood up, walking over to a closet and pulling out a plain black t-shirt.

I stood up as well, following behind him. He handed me the t-shirt. "The shower is down the hall, it's the door at the end," he explained. "I'll get someplace set up for you to sleep."

"Okay, thanks," I smiled, walking out of the room. I walked down the hall, pulling open the bathroom door.

Inside was Lily, powdering her face with makeup. She looked up at me, jumping slightly. "Is there something I can help you with?" She sassed.

"Uhm... I've got to take a shower," I said, unsure why a little girl was putting makeup on her face and sassing me.

"Oh, right," she said, putting the makeup in the bag before quickly washing her face. "Don't tell my mom," she said in a low voice, walking past me out of the bathroom.

I snickered, remembering that my little sister would do the same thing. I froze.

Abby.

What would my parents tell Abby? I bet my dad would lie and say I ran away.

My eyes welled up with tears thinking about my little sister. I leaned against the wall, before sliding down and sitting, hugging my knees to my chest.

Would I see Abby again?

I sobbed, horrified at the thought of not seeing her. I also thought about my dad, which made me cry harder.

"Riley?" I heard Seth call from down the hall. He walked over to me, kneeling next to me. "Riley, are you okay?"

"No," I sobbed, still hiding my face.

Seth's P.O.V.

He's crying. I don't know what to do.

I barely knew him, I couldn't just hug him and tell him it was going to be fine, could I? I didn't even know what he was crying about.

"Shh, it's okay," I soothed, gently rubbing his arm. "You want me to go get my mom?"

"No," he sniffed. He wouldn't look up at me.

"Maybe you should take your shower," I suggested, "then we can talk about it?"

He just sniffed and stood up, picking up the clothes that he'd dropped. His hair was draping over his face.

He walked into the bathroom and I heard the lock click. As I was walking back down the hall, I heard the water turn on.

At least he isn't hiding in the bathroom.

I walked into my room, picking things up and setting them on my desk. I needed to make room to put blankets and stuff down so Riley could sleep.

He could sleep on the bed with me, I wouldn't mind.

Fuck. Pervert.

I shook my head, taking a folded blanket out of my closet and spreading it on the ground. It was definitely too thin to sleep on top of, I'd need five more blankets at this rate.

I walked out of my room, skipping down the stairs to the living room. I pulled the comforter that was strewn across the back of the couch off.

"Where are you going with that?" I heard my mom say from the doorway.

"I'm making a bed for Riley," I explained. "The blankets I have are too thin."

"Aw, you're so sweet," my mom said, walking over to me and kissing my forehead. "I'm making dinner," she said, walking out to the kitchen.

"Okay," I said, looking up at the clock. It was 11:30. Eating dinner so late wasn't that strange to us, my mom almost always got home late.

I ran back up the stairs, walking to my room and spreading the comforter on the ground. I took an extra pillow out of the closet and dropped it on the make-shift bed as well. Finally, I got another blanket from the closet and dropped it on the pillow.

"A good bed," I laughed to myself.