Shopping?

Seth's P.O.V.

I woke up to my alarm clock beeping loudly in my ear. I reached over and shut it off, letting out a yawn. I looked down at the floor where Riley was sleeping.

He was still sleeping peacefully, apparently not awoken by the loud beeping. I stood up, carefully stepping over him and going over to my closet. I took out a shirt and turned around, a bit surprised when I saw Riley sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

"Hey," he yawned.

"Did I wake you up?" I asked quietly.

"Yeah."

"Sorry," I apologized, going to my dresser and taking out a pair of jeans. "My mom said she's going to take you shopping when she gets off work later. She's getting off at six today I think."

"Shopping?" He asked, puzzled for some reason. "Why?"

"To get some clothes that fit," I laughed.

"Oh..." he trailed off. "I didn't realize she'd let me stay long enough for me to need new clothes."

"I bet she'll let you stay as long as you have to," I smiled, looking away from him to hide it, "which could be a while."

"I guess..."

I looked back at him. He was frowning. He looked like he could cry again.

I walked over to him and sat in front of him on his bed.

"Can you please tell me what happened?" I asked in a low voice.

Riley's P.O.V.

He sat in front of me, asking me to tell him what happened. He looked concerned, worried even.

Should I? No...

"Please, you can trust me," Seth said softly.

I want to trust him. What if he and his family are like my dad?

"It's nothing," I lied, hugging my knees to my chest. He could obviously tell I was lying.

"Please tell me, Riley, it's obviously important," he said. Those were the same words my mom had used. I lost it.

I tried to hold it back, but I couldn't. I started crying again, harder than before.

Seth's P.O.V.

He's crying again...

"Riley, don't cry," I soothed, trying to comfort him. It wasn't really working. His sobs were so loud, I was sure my mom could hear from downstairs.

I moved next to him, putting my arm around his shoulders. He leaned into me and I put my other arm around him in a hug. He still had his knees to his chest, hiding his face.

"Shh, don't cry, Riley," I repeated softly. I felt his tears on my chest, realizing that I still wasn't wearing a shirt.

He was shaking really hard, and he couldn't stop crying. I looked up to see my mom in the doorway.

"Riley?" She asked softly.

He sniffed, leaning into me more. I tightened my arms around him, hugging him closer. I glanced over at the clock, noticing that I had missed the bus. I looked up at my mom.

"I'll call you in sick, you haven't had a sick day this year," she said softly, walking out of the room.

I looked down at Riley, who seemed to be calming down.

What did I say that upset him?