Part 1- The Target.

Rose's P.O.V

"Drop your weapon or die."

I stared at the person in front of me. He had a large red stain on his front. He smirked at me as he trained his gun on my face.

I glared at him as I dropped my weapon.

"Too bad. Tell me if this hurts," He said, his finger placed on the trigger.

I braced myself.

"Why don't you find out for yourself!"

The guy in front of me whirled around to find Zayden behind him aiming his own gun at his face.

He pulled the trigger. The guy fell on his knees, blue paint smearing his shirt.

Zayden smirked at me, handing over my fallen gun. I gave him a high five.

"Nice shot. Did we manage to capture their flag?" I asked him.

"Not yet but the guys are on it. They still haven't made a go for our flag."

Okay so I guess I should back up a bit.

We were currently in the woods. There was a "dead" Delphi guy by our feet oozing blue "blood". It was ten in the morning and we were part of a war.

There were two teams. One team consisted of players from our school, and the other from Delphi. Each team had a flag they had to hide and protect from the other team. The game would finish when when of the two teams would manage to capture the flag of the other team.

But there was a catch. All the players had paint guns in their hands. If you were shot twice with paint, then you were out of the game or 'dead'.

So basically, we seventeen to eighteen year old adults were playing capture the flag and paint ball in the woods like our life depended on it.

Was it childish? Hell yes!

Did we give a fuck? Hell no!

"Where's Meredith? I asked him.

"I don't know," he said frowning. "I haven't seen her since the game began."

I looked at my watch. We had been playing for about half an hour now.

"You wanna split up. You take the right and I will take the left. Space out. Try to locate the flag," Zayden said looking at me.

"Sounds like a plan," I replied.

He nodded at me and left, with his gun at the ready. I shook my head and smiled.

I crept forward slowly, keeping to the shadows of the trees. Occasionally an opponent would make an appearance and I would either shoot them without mercy or hide behind a couple of bushes.

It felt like the fucking Hunger Games.

I suddenly found myself near a small stream. I looked around me. There was no one in sight. The clearing was empty. The sun was strong today, I noticed. I stood there debating whether I should take the next left or continue on the straight path.

Suddenly I heard shouting behind me. I hurriedly tucked my gun out of my belt and held it ready in my hands. My heart was beating fast, as I breathed heavily. My body tensed.

Looking to the right I noticed this sort of flattened bush. I moved towards it and crouched low, careful not to make a sound. I made sure that I was completely hidden. The voices grew louder.

Someone was coming.

"She got away again!"

I peered out from my hiding place. I saw two guys that I did not recognize (they were probably from Delphi). One was splattered with yellow paint, and one was free of paint.