Part 1- Cold Coffee.

Rose's P.O.V

I now have the pleasure of saying 'I told you so'.

I had known all along. It was inevitable. If you put two hot heads under one roof, there is bound to be an explosion.

One of the hot heads in question was storming up the stairs (Silently of course lest she woke Chase up).

The other hot head had returned to his seat and was now gulping down his scalding hot coffee with his fists balled up on the table.

I sighed. It had always been like this for the two of them. They would always end up disagreeing about something, and that would usually end up in a huge shouting match.

My two best friends were often aggravated and annoyed by this. I know they mean well, and that they actually are genuinely nice people, but they still are too opinionated for their own good.

"You know I didn't mean that, don't you?" A very anxious Zayden asked me.

"Well it did sound very genuine," I teased him.

A look of pain flashed across his eyes. He sighed and banged his head on the counter.

"Hey I was joking," I said patting his arm.

"I am a detestable human being."

"Correcto."

"A horrible friend."

"You can say that again."

"She won't ever forgive me."

"Possible."

"You are not helping," Zayden groaned and turned his face away from me.

"I'm sorry." I chuckled.

"Ah, humour based on my pain," he said.

I smiled and ruffled his hair. "All you need to do is apologise."

"She won't listen."

"How do you know that?" I inquired.

"Because she's just so stubborn," he huffed.

"Oh she's not the only one," I mumbled into my mug of coffee.

"Rose," he said, lifting his head and looking at me.

"Yeah?" I grinned cheekily.

"Stop talking," he said , banging his head on the counter again.

I rolled my eyes.

"Maybe I can slip a note under her door saying how stupid I am-" he rambled desperately.

I shook my head. Even though they fought all the time, Zayden could never bear it when Meredith was angry with him.

"Zayden!" I said. " Just. Go. Say. Sorry."

"What about her?" he asked.

"What about her?" I sighed.

"Shouldn't she be apologising as well?"

" For what?" I asked incredulously. "You know as well as I do that you started it."

"She-she called me a headless chicken," he said. "That  hurt."

And Zayden thought that Meredith was stubborn. Honestly.

I gave him a 'you-are-stupid' look.

"I don't even know why I yelled at her anymore," he groaned. "I was worried about Chase, and the match had me riled up so-"

" So you blasted your  best friend because you just had to let your emotions out?" I said shaking my head.

"Don't," he whispered.

"Don't what?"

"Don't say it like I'm the bad guy."

I looked at him. He looked like someone who had lost something very precious to him. His head was hung low, his shoulders sagged, and his eyes showed an inexplicable sadness. It was as if he was desperate to catch onto even a single ray of sunshine.

"Hey," I said softly. "Meredith and you go way back. You've had worse fights than this. Speak to her in the morning. It'll be okay."

He nodded and after  a silent goodnight, he left the table.

I sat there for a little while looking at the remains of my coffee swirling round and round in my cold mug.

_______________________________________________________________

A/N

Hello people. How are you doing?

I know that this chapter is a very short one, but I realised that I haven't really given a chance to you guys to get to know Rose properly.

Well, I hope you liked this chapter. And I also hope that you stick around till the end of the book ;)

Vote, Comment, Share, Love. (don't be a ghost reader)

*Fist Bump*

Sleeplessinspain