Part 1- The Rain again.

I've always hated the rain. Ever since that rainy night ten years ago. But I try not to think about it.

So anyway my mother had aptly forgotten about my chocolate chip muffins for desert, so now I had the responsibility to satisfy my own sweet tooth.

Great.

It was about 8 in the evening and the streets were bare and delicately lit by the street lamps. Chloes' Supermarket was a block away from the park so I had no problem walking to my destination, which I did, to buy the muffins.

A smile crossed my face as I swung the shopping bag to and fro, walking back home. I decided to cut through the park because that was the shortest route available.

It was truly a beautiful night, a little cloudy, but beautiful.

I smiled yet again as I walked past "our" tree. Just like that, my thoughts wandered to Zayden, and my smile increased.

He was cocky and arrogant and we fought all the time, but I wouldn't have him any other way.

I stopped and looked at the old apple tree and thought about how we had happened to meet there 10 years ago.

"Try me," he had said.

And I am glad I had.

That got me thinking about yet another fight that we had had just the other day, for the remote.

"Why the hell would you want to watch One Tree Hill, when a Barcelona match is on?"

"Because Lucas Scott Zayden, Lucas Scott."

"Give me the remote Mer." He lunged for it and successfully snatched it away.

"Give it back Zayden Walker," I reached for it as he changed the channel.

The nerve of some people.

"Get off my fucking arm Meredith," he yelled in pain.

"Give me the remote first."

"Stop being so childish!"

"I'm being childish ?!"

"Ahem I'll take that-"

I laugh as I remember how Rose had settled the dispute by turning on some Animal channel.

"Laughing when you are on your own is the first sign of a psychotic disorder, love," someone says from behind me.

I whirled around, alarmed. Zayden met my terrified gaze with his amused one.

He was wearing a white shirt, and in that cloudy night his appearance rendered me quite speechless. I quite forgot how to breathe.

"Are you going to tell me the purpose of your nightly venture, Mer, or are you going to just stare at me dumb?" He raised an eyebrow.

I narrowed my eyes playfully. "Just out for some chocolate muffins."

He stepped closer and peered into my bag. "Double chocolate. I should've known." He smiled.

"You know me," I laughed. "Well, what about you? How come you're out so late?"

"I was just going back home. Had a late shift," he smiled again, reaching out for a branch right behind me and moving it out of my way casually.

Quick Note: Zayden works for a really cool car repair shop. He says that it gives him both money and experience with machines. He wants to be an engineer.

"By the way, James called with a list of activities that we should expect at camp," I said as we were slowly walking across the park. The apple tree was left behind..

"I don't have good feeling about this, you know," He frowned.

"Well I'm sorry for not believing in your non- existing predicting abilities," I laughed. "Relax it will be fine."

"I want to believe you," he shook his head and stopped walking.

I was just about to reply when I felt something cold and wet hit my shoulder, then my cheek. In a matter of seconds I was drenched with little drops of rain.

I shrieked and covered my head with the plastic shopping bag. "Zayden we need to run!"

Zayden started to laugh and he slowly made his way towards me. His dimples bobbed up and down as they moved in sync with his infectious laughter.

"You're already drenched Mer," he smiled. He took the bag away from me.

I shook my head and started laughing with him. I spread my arms and looked up at the sky, welcoming the rain instead of avoiding it.
I closed my eyes as the raindrops hit my face.

I laughed and opened my eyes to look at Zayden. His eyes were searching my face, and a breathtaking grin lit up his face. 

"What?" I smiled.

"Dance with me," he said, taking a step closer.

"How do I know that you won't step on my feet and crush my toes? Plus there's no music," I laugh again, though I take a step forward anyway.

"Try me, love," he says rolling his eyes.

And with those words, I was sold. Stupid boys with their stupid lines.

He grins and takes the final step, and I was standing right in front of him.

Well, you would think that the dance that would follow would be completely romantic and adorable. But you see, Zayden doesn't do romantic and adorable.

As soon as I was about to go the whole slow dance route he puts a hand in front of my face stopping me.

"Give me a second I," he grins as I roll my eyes. "I need to get my story straight."
"My friends are in the bathroom getting, higher than the Empire State," he shrugs his shoulders.

"My lover she's waiting for me just across the bar," he puts his hand on top of his heart.
My seat's been taken by some sunglasses asking 'bout a scar, and-" he sings pointing at the sky.

I join in grinning, " I know I gave it to you months ago. I know you're trying to forget."

"But between the drinks and subtle things, the holes in my apologies, you know, I'm trying hard to take it back,"  we sing together doing random steps in the night.

Zayden laughs and takes my hand in his,''So if by the time the bar closes
And you feel like falling down
I'll carry you home,"   he twirls me around once.

He looks at me and I laugh as we scream, "Tonight! We are young! So lets set the world on Fire! We Can Burn Brighter! Than the SUN!"

And just like that, he made me fall in love with the rain, all over again.

~

A\N

Hello everyone. I just want to say that this story will not be something with a lot of drama and such. What I am basically trying to do is to portray pure and raw emotions through my characters. I hope that this story will be simple yet unforgettable, and that I will be able to do it some justice.

Vote and comment please because that motivates me to write more often.

*Fist Bump*

Sleeplessinspain

P.S- I love you guys ;)