Prologue

Previous story: Zootopia: The Killing

5 months after the case.

They had moved in together in a flat. It was a decent one. They've gotten their selves a kitchen, a spacious living room (huge TV for movies), two bathrooms, and just one master bedroom, along with an exclusive view to the the city of Zootopia. Nick chosed the the spesific flat because there is a coffee & donut shop, just a block away from them. They often come to the shop for some morning coffee before going to work.

Their relationship? It was pretty harmonious. Every morning started with giggles and snuggles, and some quick smooches when they wake up.

They've been dating for a year now. Does ZPD know about this? They do, but they keep it as a secret, not wanting to know how the public would react. Nick and Judy usually doesn't do romance in the ZPD, only stealing glances. Nick being Nick, he always takes his chances when they're in patrol duty or in a stake out, slipping in a kiss or two.

One day, Chief Bogo called when they're on duty. He called them to meet him at his office.

"Hoping for a tough case, carrots?" Nick said whilst walking towards the office with his whittle bun bun, Judy.

"I sure am hoping for one, floofy," Judy said, hopping along.

"Floofy? What's that suppose to mean?"

"Y'naw, your tail." She reddened a bit when she thinks about how every night she played with his tail.

"Oh..k then.."

They arrived at Bogo's office, slowly opened the door and knocked.

"Chief? We're here," said Nick.

"Come in, close the door."

They noticed that Bogo is holding a grim face, blatantly looked displeased by what he's going to tell them.

Uh oh.

"You see, I have been working on this case alone, and-" he rubbed his eyes, and heavily sighed.

"Its time to give you this case."

Bogo slides the case file across his desk, and Judy picked it up. The file said 'Missing Animal'.

What could possibly go wrong?

Everything.

Judy opened the file, and Nick peeked between her ears.

Nikolai Wilde and Stu Hopps.

Their father.

(sorry I made up Nick's father name)