[4]

chapter four : crooked smile

.::Kira::.

I starred blankly as uncle Dre walked in covered in blood dragging Kaiden.

"I need help help me" Dre yelled.

I felt my heart racing I couldn't even move. Mama P started screaming running to help Dre carry him in. I watched as the nurses got a bed and lay dad on there wheeling him away. I'm so happy my younger siblings weren't here to see this it was all too much.

"Kira you alright?" Aj asked walking and standing beside me.

I looked at him blankly, no form of expression on my face.

"Am I suppose to be?"

He sighed and I watched as tears left his eyes. One thing dad always taught me is if a guy is crying it means he's really hurt.

"W-what's wrong?" I stuttered butting my arm on his shoulder.

His chest started heaving so I walked us to sit away from everyone else.

"What if she doesn't make it? That's my rock Kira" He mumbled wiping his face.

I've never witnessed Aj to open up he's always just quiet and humble.

"She wi---"

"---How you know? The way she jumped over and cradled her sister, the blood splatting on the ground as she got shot, her body jerked and I was too late. I was running towards them to protect her and was too late whoever did this shit I want revenge"

I nodded in agreement. We knew our parents lifestyle and gradually they taught us the small thing such as shooting a gun and fighting.

"She will pull through I know Kay she's strong"

"And if she don't?" He asked looking at me.

I blew out, I already had so much on my plate. Looking at Aj only made me burst out into tears.

"I don't know, I mean she gets shot, my mum has cancer and my dad now being wheeled in, why can't nothing go right for me?" I cried chewing my bottom lip.

He wrapped his arm around me trying to calm me.

"What am I suppose to do? If they all just died now I would be alone"

"Hell no, you still got Paris and...me"

I looked up at me as he looked down at me. I smiled softly leaning up to him as he leaned down to me. 

.::Dre::.

I looked at my hands. I felt dirty.

"Dre, yo---"

"--Don't fucking talk to me right now" I spat at Lydia.

I didn't understand why she was still here, she wasn't helping just sitting around pregnant or not, fucking do something.

"Andre, I'm tired of you throwing shots at me, stop that shit, my god daughter and basically brother is in hospital because of yall fucking lifestyle, you wanna jump down my throat because of shit that was in the past, this your fucking baby weather you like it or not and I'm not getting rid, you never wanna hear what I have to say but I'm talking now, I was loose back before when we first started dating, I had multiple ex's I would run back to and was wrong, I didn't want to raise a child knowing its father does't give 2 shits about them, When we had Aj I was happy to be called a mother then Aira came, I was a little unsure but adding everything up knowing that's your baby, from then I knew to stop fucking around being a loose broad, now I'm pregnant and you the only I've slept with so weather you wanna be in this baby life or not this your baby" She said before getting up and leaving the hospital.