21✔️

Holy. Shit.

1k views. God! Please, if you have anyone to tell about this book, please!

(I'm at Starbucks right now as a break from our road trip, so I though 'why not update?'

I follow a amazing smell with my nose. I know automatically who it is.

The scent leads to a park. I had expected finding my heir to be much easier but it's like a pregnant woman convention. Like seriously? Why the fuck do pregnant ladies move in flocks, like ducks. Do they want me to quack at them? Cause I sure as hell can quack. The words when I quack ain't that pretty, lemme tell yah.

I roll my eyes and hold in a hiss at the flock of ducks in front of me whom I really want to quack at, at the moment.

All the women *cough*ducks*cough*cough* freeze once they smell me. Great. Just fucking fantastic.

They start growling, talk about territorial. "Chill. I don't bite." I say with a smirk still following the scent. It leads to a young, probably just sixteen, woman who is looking all around jumpy like someone is about to stab her and a little girl.

I slow my pace trying not to spook the girl.

A hand pulls me back, someone obviously more afraid of/for the girl then she is of herself. "I wouldn't do that. Lula is really scared. Only twenty. Father raped her. Both times. The girl is Storm. The babe is Hunter. Both girls. She's also related to Luna Alexia. Can take care of herself now." The woman says quietly as if the girl could hear her from this distance.

The girl, Lula, tilts her head as if slightly amused, in her mind not face, of our conversation.

I nod showing that I heard her, "We're related than and she has or holds something of mine that I need to protect. That means protecting her mother." I say softly, shrugging the women off my arm.

The woman let's go of me shaking her head, expecting me to get my ass handed to me and I just start walking again to Lula with the woman's warning in mind.

Oh we are all friends here, I'll tell you a secret. I heard the women, and I clicked save, and then shot it out of my head.

"Lula? Hi. I'm Violet." I say softly. Lula looks up to me. She recognizes me, I see it in her eyes so I continue walking. I smell Storm then Hunter since I am close enough to be able to set the two scents apart, one of the children needs me in some way.

Either way I'm protecting Lula with my life.

I know what it feels like to lose a mother.

Storm and Hunter don't deserve that, heir or not.

No one does.