1

I glare out the window of this retched classroom and scowl at my ever-lasting luck. My ever-lasting luck has decided to play its part is because it's my sixteenth birthday.

Not kidding, life is seriously like 'congrats your sixteen! You now get a life! Car! Freedom! Now that you have all this freedom die, you have a mate that you will eventually fuck, marry and love."

Here's a thing most people don't expect. I'm a book nerd, yes to shocking! The badass reads! It is so cliche, but it's the fucking truth, get over yourself. I like going to the Werewolf section on Wattpad for fun to learn how close humans are getting to the truth. It amuses me to no end.

'I'm not going to get a mate, boohoo. Oh wait a second chance one? These are so rare! Okay! Let's skip off to the sunset and get married and have litter of pups, but first save me from a kidnapper and fight a war. Let me and you both get stabbed/shot/raped while we are at it! Also daddy issues are really hot *wink face*'

Or even better, 'Waa waaaa. I just got rejected by the alpha/beta/person of power! Now I run away and become a rogue that might or might be mute from abusive parents (sometimes pregnant, sometimes not!). Oh no! I'm taken in by this beta/guard from the pack I "accidentally" stepped in their territory. Oh wait! Plot twist! The alpha's/king's my mate ;) let me get kidnapped by the psycho ex mate of mine and almost die/get raped then get saved by Prince Charming! I'm dreaming. I am talking to the moon goddess! She says there will be a war! Let's obviously believe her and start a war, then win it! We won! Now let's get married and there might be a sequel about our daughter that goes through the almost exact same thing! Possibly several times!'

Sometimes there is even a vampire involved, or a magical white wolf! While we are on the topic, let's just throw in a magical fucking unicorn and a black but not really black it's more of a navy blue lion.

"Violet Winters?" My math teacher calls for attendance hoping I skipped, but sadly, I'd like to finish high school. I don't understand it, in middle school they would look at our chairs and see who's missing, here they have to take attendance verbally.

Random thought, would it really kill anyone if there was no such thing as money? If this were to ever happened, I would hitch hike to Neverland, find the wizard of oz and ask him the one question that matters.

Where are the smurfs.

I mean, if there are werewolves and vampires and magical fucking unicorns and black but not really black it's more of a blue lion, why can't there be smurfs?

"Here." I answer the teacher, not ranting like how I usually do with the usual of 'getting through school so I can leave everyone'. I personally feel like these teachers life's would be boring if I didn't.

OH MY GOD. I JUST HAD AN EM.... AN EMPH.... A FUCKING IDEA. MY TEACHER IS A SMURF. I SHOULD ASK HER WHERE HER KING IS.

''Winter.'' The wolf, snaps at my useless rant, successfully gaining my attention after the bell rings.

'What?'' I growl at her irritably for ruining my fun. I never hear from her, as she's usually dormant, so much that no one believed I had shifted. This is because I taught her how she should be quiet and only intercept if there is something wrong.

It's recently become common for females to shift less. No, it's not because we are abusing our powers and shit, but because to be honest werewolves are a dying race. We've started mating with humans, which contrary to some believes, doesn't continue our line, it kills it. Shifters are less likely, but it's not like they are praised and held high, it's just that when we don't shift we are humans that know about werewolves. No extra strength or fast speed and agility, humans.