Chapter 12

Diamond P.O.V

I stare into the eyes of my brother, only it's not my brother not the one I grew up to love, I mean he is my younger brother. I found out about him a little after my sister went to college, I introduced him to the game.

Me and my father welcomed him with open arms. My dad had a one night stand with his mother 21 years ago. He didn't grow up like me and Ruby his mama was a drunk and his stepfather use to beat on him.

I saw him sitting on the stairs of one of my dad's restaurant he looked so sick, he was beaten pretty badly, but his eyes those beautiful gold eyes caught me.

Those were my daddy's eyes, soon after we took a DNA test and sure enough he was my half brother. Growing up he neva had nothing, so when I got him into the game he was hungry making money out the ass him and my dad.

Him and my dad got into an argument over something the day of my birthday and Cutthroat stormed out of the house hours later my dad was shot in the back and killed. The bullet existed out of his chest, hitting his heart.

"It's not what you think" he says

"Well tell me what it is" I snapped.

"You was always his favorite, no matter how hard I tried I could neva top Ms. Diamond, and the night of the party he told me he was giving the business over to you, I hated him he didn't love me I was just a mistake a big joke to him, a fucking mistake" he yell "I'm bring in the money not you, but I still didn't know fucking respect"

"Did you kill him" I asks hesitantly.

"You would want to know huh, but guess what you can kill me now because I can't neva tell"

"Why? I'm your blood, I loved you and I neva made you feel less than what you are, your my brother, that was our father...tell me what happen please Derrick I'm begging you...tell me what happened" I asks him getting closer. I wave the boys over to untie him, I know he want hurt me.

"Blood ain't always thicker...me and O are just the clean up man...listen to me I neva meant to hurt you if I wanted you died I would have killed you alright, don't trust anybody and get out before he gets you" he say he leans over and kiss my forehead "I love you sis" he say than snatches the gun from my hands and aim it at his head.

"Nooooo" I scream before I could take the gun, he pulls the trigger blowing his brains out.

His lifeless body fall on the ground I hop out of my seat, and hold him. His blood gets all over me but I don't care, I hold and rock his body pulling him closer. I can't cry not in front of these people I can't, "get out now everybody" I yell, still holding my baby brother close. I don't look up but I hear everybody move out. I can't believe this.

Why would he do this?

I sit quietly and rock him, I finally let tears fall freely. I loved this kid no matter how much wrong he tried to do to me, I loved him he was my family. I was all he got, he neva knew Ruby, my dad always said she was to overly emotional to know this part of our life so I let her know as little as possible. She neva got to meet Derrick, I wanted her to meet him so bad. But things was just in a horrible place, I neva got the chance to introduce them.

I hold him closer, and cry just sit and hold my baby brother and crying. This is my fault I promised him a beta life, but all I did was fuck up his life more. He let the money, fast cars, and all that stuff get to his head and I introduced him to it all.

What type of big sister am I?

His phone go off in his pocket I pull it out and look at the screen I see my uncle Joey number pop up. Which I find strange because uncle Joey told me he haven't talked to Derrick at all. I let it go to voicemail, I place his head softly on the ground and get up taking the phone with me.

Everybody was in the meeting room sitting at the table, looking lost and confused.

"Look y'all I'm not going to be in this game for much longer" I say standing at the head of the table "I am tired of this life, Cutthroat might have turned on me but it was for a reason and not just to run this shit it's something deeper, he was my brother I knew him like the back of my fucking hand you understand me, he could shoot and kill a nigga 30 ft away" I say

"What you saying Loco" Tre asks.

"He wasn't trying to kill me, he was sending messages and I need to know why and who he was protecting me from"

"Are you sure" Michael asks not looking at me.

"I know my brother, he was covering for someone no matter if we don't get along we still protect each other point blank. It's in our blood, and I already got a hunch on who might be. Our biggest clue" I say than slid the phone on the table, everybody looks at it

"My uncle Joey, shouldn't have connections with Cutthroat but he just called I guess we going to Cali earlier than expected boys" I say than walk away.

After I find out who killed my dad am handing the game over and up for good, but right know I'm in to deep to let shit go. The police ain't do shit to help find my father's killer but I am even if it kills me..