Kassandra Ch.10

Kassandra Ch.10: Touching Little Show

Elijah tried his best to ignore the coffin that held Klaus’s body while he waited for Kassandra- the REAL Kassandra- to arrive. The witch, Bonnie, was already there along with Elena, Jeremy, and Damon. No one but Damon knew what was going on. And he had just a vague memory that told him this had happened somewhere before. Damon knew Klaus would wake up soon, and then all hell would break loose. Whether it was figuratively speaking or literal, he didn’t know. He couldn’t quite remember everything yet.

The large metal door opened and Kassandra stepped in the room. Her fair hair fell down around her like a veil of gold. The black top she wore matched her jeans and fitted her nicely; they weren’t too tight or too loose. Kassandra met Elijah’s gaze and ran over to him. Elijah wrapped his arms around her slim waist trapping Kassandra in a tight hug. He muttered something to his sister and she nodded.

Kassandra turned to Elena. Elijah nudged the Hybrid towards the Doppelganger. A thought flitted through Damon’s mind and he laughed at the pure absurdity of it. Instead of-

“What’s so funny about this… situation?” Kassandra asked Damon. She didn’t seem to think anything was very funny right then. Her eyes were strangely empty and void of emotion. She looked sick nearly. If a vampire can get sick. Damon knew they couldn’t… It was just the easiest thing to associate with Kassandra’s appearance.

Damon quickly backtracked. “Nothing much. It’s just that first Elena was the Petrova Doppelganger. Now she’s the Hybrid Doppelganger. Complete with blonde hair, accent and annoying optimism. Then again, Elena’s always had that infuriating quality.”

Kassandra rolled her eyes. What was her problem tonight? She was acting cold and distant. More like Klaus’s twin should behave. She walked over to her brother’s coffin with a forlorn expression. Whatever was about to go down Kassandra was obviously not looking forward to it. Everyone’s eyes were glued to Kassandra when she lifted the lid.

“DON’T DO IT!” Damon hadn’t noticed a kid in the room.

“Hope, it’s Klaus. I have to.” She wrapped a hand around the handle of the knife.

Hope crossed her arms. “Just because you’re in love with him doesn’t mean we all have to suff-”

“Hope!” Kassandra whipped her head to the side. “Leave. Please.”

“Why should-”

“Because I’m going to kill Klaus!” Kassandra sunk to her knees and started sobbing. “I’m going to kill him Hope.”

The room grew deathly silent. No one doubted that Kassandra would kill someone; however, they did doubt she would kill Klaus. Hope shivered ever so slightly. She was growing afraid of Kassandra. There was a wild, desperate look in her older sister’s eyes.

“Do you think it’s possible for us to go to Heaven or Hell?” Kassandra asked no one in particular. Elijah motioned for Rebekah to talk to Kass.

“Kassandra-” Rebekah started, but Kassandra held up a hand. She didn’t want comfort. No, what she wanted more than anything was a way to avoid killing Klaus. Rebekah smacked Kassandra’s arm. “Listen to me for three seconds!”

“Fine.” 

“How many people has Klaus hurt? How many lives- including yours- has he ruined? Klaus deserves to die and rot in Hell!”

Kassandra took a deep breath. “I wasn’t talking about Klaus. I was talking about all of us. More specifically me.”

Damon tilted his head to the side. Why would Kassandra be worried about Hell? Why would she be worried about anything? Originals are pretty much invincible. A small part of Damon whispered how illogical it is for Originals to be invincible yet die. Alternatively, in Klaus’s case get murdered by his twin sister. Rather kinky in Damon’s opinion.

“Kassandra, what are you talking about?” Elijah reached a hand out, pulling it back immediately when Kassandra looked up.

Kassandra’s eyes lingered on Damon’s face while she spoke. If Damon could blush right then he so wouldn’t. How girlie would that be for him to do? He isn’t Stefan. He doesn’t go crazy for some girl he randomly meets (or babysits) one day… even if they had met before. Damon was beginning to get a headache due to the newly found confusion in his life.

Damon tuned back in to here Elijah fussing at his sister. “Don’t be so dramatic Kass! This isn’t Romeo and Juliet. You are smarter than a hormonal charged teenage girl is! You won’t kill yourself because the man you ’love’ dies.”

Joshua nodded. “Elijah’s right. You and Klaus are, like, ancient.”

Kassandra groaned. “I’m not being dramatic! It’s part of the curse. The witch bound us together when she made our werewolf gene go dormant. If Klaus dies so do I.”  There were blank looks all around. Kassandra whispered, “Idiots” under her breath.

Hope wiped her eyes. “I don’t want you to leave again Kass. I missed you too much when you and Klaus went searching for the Witch. Elijah and Rebekah tried to make me feel better, but they aren’t you.” She wrapped her arms around Elijah. “Don’t kill Klaus! Please?”

Elijah glanced from Klaus to Kassandra. Klaus?! He looked back at his blonde haired sibling. Klaus had a dangerous glint in his eyes. 

“Well played Elijah. That was a very nice trick. I honestly did believe that Elena was really Kassandra. However, the true Kassandra would never bother with Stefan.” He turned to Elena. “That’s where you failed sweetheart.” He moved in front of Elijah. “How is your little plan to kill me going now? You can’t kill one without sacrificing the other. The Witch promised us that.” Klaus smiled sadistically. “And I know you Elijah. Kassandra is your Golden Girl. You would never hurt her willingly.”

Elijah stiffened greatly. “No. However, I will protect my family from you. Do you realize how much you hut us, Niklaus? No, of course you don’t. All you can think about is yourself.”

Joshua bounced on his heels. “Yeah, you selfish bastard!”

Klaus squeezed his eyes shut and put his fingers to his temples. He laughed. “Kassandra, do you believe any of this?”

Kassandra couldn’t find her voice. I don’t want to Klaus. She said using their twin connection.

Then don’t. You, Kassandra, know me the best. Klaus motioned for the door. “Shall we?”

Kassandra stood cautiously. “Do you promise to leave Elijah, Rebekah, Joshua, and Hope alone?”

“I promise to leave the people we care about alone.” Klaus held out his hand. Kassandra placed hers firmly in his lacing their fingers together. It was a perfect fit. “That’s my love.”

Kassandra swallowed. “Goodbye.” She was saying it to everyone, but it was somehow an intimate thing for Damon. Anger boiled in him.

“She isn’t going with you, Klaus.” Damon’s voice was dark.

“And what’s stopping her? What’s stopping me from taking her away?”

Faith stepped forward. “Me. Kassandra’s my sister too!”

Joshua stood beside his little sister. He was nearly a foot taller than she was, but somehow they both looked larger than life in that moment. “I’ll help you Faith.”

Elijah and Rebekah shared a look. They had to choose between life and Kassandra. Quite the dilemma. They both sincerely cared about Kassandra, but on the other hand they also loved being alive. Well, as alive as monsters like them could be.

“What the hell, Elijah. We’ve lived long enough.” Rebekah ruffled Joshua’s hair and pulled him close. “Count us in.”

Elijah did the same thing Rebekah did but with Hope. “100 percent.”

Damon sighed. “As touching as that little show was. THEY GOT FUCKING AWAY! KLAUS LEFT WITH KASSANDRA!”