t h r e e

I wake up to the ringing of my alarm. Crap! I'm late. I get up quickly, looking for clean clothes to put on. I should really do laundry when I get home... I run out of my house, pulling my bike beside me while I try adjusting my bag. Quickly I hop onto my bike, riding to school. The good part is that it's all downhill.

-time skip-

"Hinata, pay attention!" my teacher yells at me, taking me away from my daydream. The class laughs. I look back from the corner of my eyes, Kageyama is looking out the window. What was his first name again?

"Okay class so today, since your all freshmen, some of you might know and some of you might not. But if you'll all put your right wrists up!" she says, lifting her hand up.

I put my hand up.

"Weird... Hinata, where's your mark?" my teacher questions me.

"Oh, right here!" I say lifting up my left hand.

"How odd... Oh well, I guess you're just unique!" She exclaims. I chuckle.

"Anyways, these marks are all different letters. So each one of you has one, whether it's on your right hand, or on your left. They represent the initials of your soulmate. It does seem cheesy, but no one really knows why we're born with them. Your soulmate could be your best friend, a stranger, or your classmate. Once you have realized who that person is, and once you have your first kiss, your marks will fade a bit. Meaning that you have already met your soulmate. You'll notice that if you've already met them but haven't quite realized it, your mark will pop out kind of. The color of it will be brighter." My teacher stops, she starts removing the bandage she has wrapped around her wrist.

"If you look, my mark has faded and is completely messy looking. This is because my husband died a couple years ago. The marks become messy when your soulmate has either left or passed away." She says, wrapping up her wrist again.

When the bell rings for lunch I look around for Kageyama. He's sitting at his desk with his phone out.

"Hey Kageyama! Would you like to have lunch with me?" I ask, hoping to make a new friend.

"No." He says, not even looking up.

"Why not?" I ask, grabbing the other chair from the desk in front of his and turning it around so I can sit with him.

"Because I don't want to. So leave me alone." He says, getting up and leaving the classroom.

He's so mean. I decided that I should just go up to the roof of the school and eat lunch on my own.

Before I eat I am thankful for my mom always making me such a delicious lunch. I look at my phone, hoping someone would text me. But then I remember I don't really have that many friends here.

The bell rings, indicating that class starts in five minutes. I pick up my things and head to my classroom. Kageyama is back at his desk. His head is down. Huh what an odd sight, he's kinda cute... Why would I think that? Eh.

-time skip-

I walk towards the gym, I have an interest at looking at the volleyball practice for some reason.

"Hey!" A voice says behind me, scaring the daylights out of me. Oh it's a third year. I heard they're usually so mean and scary. My heart sinks.

"H-hi." I reply, straightening my back and putting my hands to my sides, as if I were to be standing at attention.

He lets out a chuckle,"are you a first year?" He asks. He has sliver like hair, and a beauty mark on his cheek near his eye.

"Yessir!" I reply confidently.

"Haha, I'm Sugawara Kōshi, what's your name?" He asks.

"Hinata! Hinata Shōyō."

"Ah, well Hinata. Are you going to join the volleyball team?"

"No, I just got curious." All of a sudden I no longer feel so tense or nervous around him.

"Not curious enough to join? Ah what a downer!" He chuckles.

"Who's that Suga?" A another male walks up behind him. He has tan skin, and short black hair.

"It's Hinata. He's a first year, who seems to be curious about volleyball." Sugawara says.

"I'm Daichi Sawamura. I'm the captain. Are you gonna join?" He smiles.

"Uh no." I say not knowing what else to say.

I look down at my feet, ashamed of myself. I notice that they're holding hands. My face turns red.

"Can I ask you something?" I ask, trying not to let them know that I'm embarrassed to ask.

"Sure!" Sugawara says.

"Are you two... Like a..."

"Yes." Sugawara chuckles. "Daichi here is my soulmate." He says gripping his hand more. Sawamura's cheeks turn red. "See, look!" Sugawara says showing me his left wrist.

"You have it on your left wrist too! I do also! So do you know why it's on my left instead of my right?" I question remembering that my teacher doesn't know why it's on my left.

"Ah, that's because we're both males. Meaning both of us have it on our left wrist. So your soulmate is a guy." Sugawara says smiling.

"A guy?!" I question.

"Yep. Anyways Hinata, we gotta start practicing now! See you later!"

I tell them goodbye and head home.

So my soulmate is a guy. I wonder who it is. Weird, I never thought of a guy in any kind of romantic way.

I turn a shade of red thinking about Kageyama all of a sudden.

[I hope you guys liked this chapter :3 don't forget to vote and to comment :D]