* Another? *

• Brianne's POV •

"Hey," a voice called running after me as I walked towards the grove," Bri!"
I turned around to see Chris Madden coming my way. He was the guy I had a class with last year and he waited on me at the concession stand that time D invited me to his game. Chris was pretty cool for the most part. He was slightly nerdy...band nerdy since he played the drums for our college band. Yet he was cute and very introverted.
"Hey, Chris," I waved at him.
"Haven't seen you in a while," he said catching his breath as he slowed down in front of me," where you been hiding?"
"No where," I shrugged," I've been around."
"You look nice as always," he smiled shyly.
"Umm...thanks," I said liking down cause I didn't even remember what I threw on this morning. I was kind of out of it.
"That looks heavy," he said pointing at my books in my hand.
"It kinda is but I'll be fine."
Chris shook his head,"No you shouldn't be caring such things like that. Here let me help."
Before even giving my consent, Chris took the books out my hand gently into his arms.
"Aww, thanks," I smiled.
"Where you headed?"
"To my dorm," I informed him.
"This kinda a ways out from there," he pointed out.
I nodded," Yeah but it's far less traffic involved."
"So what are your plans?" He asked as we walked along the concrete sidewalk to the dormitory.
"For what?"
"After graduation?"
I shrugged because the last time I gave someone that answer it didn't end the way I expected it to. I stayed up last night contemplating was I wrong or not about the entire thing. Deshawn had even texted me this morning wanting to talk it out but I just didn't know what to say because I was still partially angry with him for being so inconsiderate of the situation.
Even if it wasn't final yet.
"I'm going to become a nurse. Pediatric nurse to be exact."
"Sounds great," Chris said," I'm going into the music industry. I want to be a big time manager for artists at Def Jam Records. Maybe record a few joints of my own. I already have an internship for the summer."
"That's awesome," I said patting him on the shoulder.
"Thanks, but I bet your life will be swell. Having Deshawn go pro and all. He is your boyfriend right?"
"Umm...yeah," I nodded. Not so sure if that's the answer anymore.
"Didn't sound so sure," Chris noticed.
"No I am it's just that..." I began as we approached the dorm. I stopped when I looked up and saw Deshawn and some light skin guy with dreads standing in front of the door. Deshawn didn't look happy either when he saw Chris holding my things and us conversing.
"What are you doing here?" I asked him surprised.
"I came to talk to you but it looks like you busy," he said pointing at Chris.
I shook my head," Talk about what?"
"I guess it don't matter no more  since you got a new nigga," Deshawn said frowning up.
"It's not even like that," I rolled my eyes.
"Then what is it?"
"You're overreacting." I whistled.
Deshawn looked me up and down.
I gave him the same gesture back.
"Look D, this..."Chris began trying to soothe the mood.
"Nigga you don't know me so don't call me that,"Deshawn said with growl. The guy with the dreads held Deshawn back by the shoulders as a smirk spread across his face.
Chris took a step back because he wasn't the fighting type. He handed me my things," I should go but I'll see you around."
Once he left and the coast was clear Deshawn confronted me.
"Who is that?" He asked his voice a little too calm.
"Chris," I answered," why does it matter?"
"You seeing him?"
"Aren't I seeing you?" I said smartly walking closed to them.
"That's what I thought," he said cocking his head to the side. Deshawn had been cheated on before by Ashleigh and I know it's not a good feeling. I knew how it made him feel so why would he think I would possibly hurt him like that again? Even though I was mad at him I wasn't about to pull anything like that on him.
Deshawn shook his head at me.
"Can we just have a decent conversation about it all for once," I begged. I didn't want to argue anymore about it. Especially not with him looking so fine to me right now. I was automatically going to give in.
"Nah, maybe another time," he said starting to walk off. "Deshawn!" I called after him.
He kept on walking. His friend began to follow him," Sorry lil homie." He told me.
"If we don't talk about it, it won't help the problem," I said following behind.
"You confiding in other people doesn't either."
"I wasn't confiding in him we were just talking," I explained.
"Ok," was all he said in response.
"Ok?" I repeated.
"Yep."
"We need to talk it out. We have a project to present tomorrow we can't do that mad at each other. I'm willing to talk about it."
"We will talk it out but not right now."
"Why not?"
"Cause I got something to do."
"What is more important than discussing this?" I questioned.
"Money," he replied and I knew exactly what he was talking about. He was about to move something.
"You're stupid as hell," I said shaking my head at him.
"Let me be stupid then," Deshawn answered smartly getting into his car with the dread head.