* Parties and Pain *

After slow eating at Taco Bell it was time for the party. Brooklyn partied more so than I so she told me that it was fine to be late never ok to be early. When we made it to Trey's house the party was already lit. People stood out on the lawn drinking and smoking trees or just conversing with one another. Where we parked you could slightly see around back where the pool was. People were cannon balling in the pool, some where skinny dipping, and others were dancing to the music the DJ played. The grill was going as well. Let's just say by the looks of it this party was more than wild. "Bless it," I uttered as we got out the car at the sight of guys entertaining some girl v. girl action by pouring liquor on them. Several guys were throwing a football around entirely too close to the cars. "Bri..?" Brooklyn nudged me. "Yes?" I answered with a croak. "This...is...awesome!" She squealed. "Uh huh," I fakely agreed. We went to the door of the house. I started to knock but Brooklyn grabbed my hand and just pushed the glass door open. The music from the backyard could be heard in the house. Several of them were dancing with each other with red solo cups in hand. The coffee table was filled with snacks ranging from popcorn to pizza and drinks such as vodka and even Sprite (both kinds). The atmosphere was totally different for me. I didn't like a lot of noise, I couldn't concentrate my thoughts with loudness. I knew I should've declined but how could I have said no to a face like his. "I'm going to get a drink or two," Brooklyn yelled over the music," You want anything!?" I shook my head," No thanks. I'll just be walking around." She nodded and went to go get her turn up on. My curiosity lead me out to the backyard where most of the action seemed to be taking place. In the pool a few of the basketball players were playing water volleyball. More water was being splashed out of the pool then being kept in. I spotted Ashleigh prancing around with her best friend Kennedi Anderson in matching pink, yellow, and orange polka dot bathing suits. I frowned at the sight of them. If I would've known they were going to be here u definitely wouldn't have come.
I turned around defensively when I felt someone grab my butt. Little did they know I kept a pocket knife on me at all times. I reached for it as I turned, but seeing that the perv was only Rakeem I just punched him in the arm. "I was about to slit your throat dummy," I laughed still in shock. "You never told me you were coming," Rakeem smiled,"What brings you here?"  I just smiled back and bit my lip cause I was just now realizing how crazy my reasoning might sound out loud, especially to a guy. "Glad you're here though," he said dismissing his last question. "Me too," I lied. He just stood there and looked at me in wonderment with a styrofoam cup in his hand. "What you sipping on?" I asked trying to be heard over the music. He shoved his cup in my face to let me see the contents. Before it even reached my nose the heavy smell of liquor filled my nostrils. I was taken aback for a moment. The liquid was a purple pinkish color and I automatically knew what he was drinking. I pushed the cup away from my face and shook my head at him. He shrugged,"It's been a rough night." "How so?" I said rolling my eyes and crossing my arms. "Well I would tell you but I figured that you'd rather talk to ya boy coming over here instead," Keem said pointing at Deshawn who was making his way over from the other side of the pool. He was wearing a white short sleeve T, black pair of adidas joggers, and white adidas with black stripe shoes. I looked at him then back at keem; he was slowly walking away the closer D got. He waved at me and I waved back as he disappeared into the house. "Hey, Bri. Glad you could make it," Deshawn greeted once he stood in front of me. "Hi," was all I managed to say. My words had gotten stuck which was common when I was around him but ever since the date I thought it as becoming better. I guess not. He smiled,"Did you eat some BBQ?" I shook my head no," I'm not hungry I ate a burrito before I came." Deshawn licked his lips, "So what do you think?" "About what?"
" About this crazy ass mess of a party." "It's...it's surely something." I laughed. The DJ began to play Work by Rihanna causing a lot of people to get their twerk on. This was one of my favorite songs but I didn't want to dance to it. At least not any where other then the comfort of my room. I never had anyone tell me whether I could or not but I automatically assumed I couldn't and I'm perfectly fine with that. "Do you like this song?" He asked gesturing towards me tapping my foot. "Uh...yea," I responded shyly. D grabbed my hand gently and pulled me closer to him. "Let's go dance." "No I...I...I can't," I stuttered," I don't know how to..." Deshawn cut me off," I'll show you."
He lead me over to the grass near the pool where most of the others were dancing and enjoying themselves as well. He twirled me around so my back faced him. He locked his fingers in mine and pulled them to my hips. The music blasted even louder as Drake'a verse came on. He rocked my body in a circular motion. I picked up on the rhythm pretty quickly. Deshawn pressed up closer to me and no lie it felt really really good for him to hold me like that. Our rhythm was messed up when someone bumped into us. Ashleigh. She was dancing with some light skin guy way too close to us. When she bumped me she didn't even apologize. She gave me a cold hard look and added on a sarcastic 'oops!'. I rolled my eyes. I could tell it made her extremely upset to see me dancing with D or anyone else for that matter, but I hadn't given her anything to get jealous about...yet.
"You good?" He asked me. I nodded and placed his hands back on my hips. This time I decided I was going to be in control of the movement. I took one of my arms and reached behind me and pulled him down by his head closer to me. He wrapped his arms tighter around me. I heard a grunt come from Ashleigh's direction. "Damn," he whispered in my ear as I threw it back on him. He nestled his head into my neck.
The next thing happened so quickly I couldn't even fully grasp the situation.
What I had done must have sent Ashleigh over the top because she pushed me and I fell. I didn't fall just on the fresh cut green grass either. I feel back first dead in the middle of the pool. I could hear the shrieks as I landed in the water. It seemed as if I fell in slow motion. As I sank to the bottom I wished that I wouldn't float back up. That I could just lie there on the bottom until I could wake up in bed and consider this nothing but a horrible dream. Better yet a nightmare caused by the devil himself. But I did. I did come up and when I came up the music had stopped playing and everyone in and out of the pool was staring dead at me. It took everything in my body to hold back my tears. It was like my worst fear had just happened to me and to make it even worse, it happened in front of D. He was looking just as shocked on the outside as I had felt on the inside. People from in the house must have noticed what had happened because they had come outside too. I just stood there in the water on my tip toes. I didn't want to get out but I knew I couldn't stay in. My hair fell drenched all over my face. "Bri!" Brooklyn shouted running over to the nearest edge of the pool where I was. Rakeem followed pushing people out his way. They both extended their hands towards me to assist me out. "Come on boo," Brooklyn motioned me over. Her eyes were filled with the same if not more tears than mine. I lightly swam my way towards them. Together they pulled me out. Rakeem had a towel and wrapped it around me in an embrace. I buried my face in his shoulder trying to hide my face. Brooklyn looked at me and shook her head and growled. She turned around and cocked her head at Ashleigh. She pointed her finger viciously at her. "You dog ass puta I will kill you. I will beat your culo and I'm not scared of nobody out here. Come get your round hoe for doing mi hermana like that." She said walking towards her with her fist balled. Ashleigh just stood there dumbfounded. I grabbed Brooklyn by the arm and pulled her back. I wanted Ashleigh to suffer for embarrassing me, but no one deserved a Brooklyn ass whopping. "It's not worth your time," I sobbed. She looked at me and nodded. Rakeem began to lead me in the house. I thought Brooklyn was following us until I heard a unison of 'oooohhh's. Rakeem and I turned to see that she had spit on Ashleigh despite my wishes. Ashleigh was being held back by her pet Kennedi. "Bitch," Brooklyn snarled as she stomped away towards us.

"I'm sorry but I had to," Brooklyn explained to me as I sat on the toilet seat of the bathroom upstairs. She was taking my hair in pieces and squeezing the water out. "I know but I will fight my own battles," I reminded her. "Well you're my best friend and when you're hurt, so am I," she said squeezing out more water. I was wrapped up like a baby in three pool towels. "She's just jelly Bri," Rakeem added. He stood with his back towards the bathroom door. I sighed," I don't care anymore, honestly." There was a short moment of silence. "Do you want to go home when I'm finished?" Brooklyn offered. I nodded," Please." I wiped the remaining tears from my eyes.
Once we had gotten to the bathroom I had cried finally. I knew it was fine to cry then since I was in the presence of two of the most trustworthy and reliable people I know. 
"I don't think I'm ever leaving that damn dorm room ever again," I told them. Rakeem let out a small grin," Not unless you're with us." "Maybe not even then," I moaned.
There was a knock on the door. "It's occupied," Rakeem yelled at the unknown visitor. "It's me," I heard Deshawns voice say. "Who's me?" Rakeem asked childishly. "Come on man quit playing. I'm trying to check on Brianne," he answered with a pang of worry in his voice. "She's straight," Brooklyn called back. "Please," Deshawn begged. Brooklyn pinched my cheek," I like when they beg." She gestured for Keem to open the door for D. Deshawn squeezed his way through into the now crowded bathroom. He looked at me all wet in awe. I turned my head because I hated to be pitied upon and I knew that at this moment that that was what he was doing: pitying me. He cleared his throat," Um...two too many is kinda a crowd." Deshawn said looking at Brook and Rakeem. "And...?" Brooklyn questioned. "Can I get a lil moment alone with Bri." "Any other options?" Rakeem asked protectively. Deshawn sighed. "Five minutes," Brooklyn said putting up five fingers. Deshawn nodded. Brooklyn and Keem filed out leaving us alone.
Now I was  standing on my feet beside the sink.
"Are you ok?" He asked hoarsely. I nodded. I didn't feel like saying anything. I was to ashamed. "I'm sorry about everything. Ashleigh can be a real bitch sometimes," he apologized. I nodded once more. "Bri," Deshawn said trying to get my undivided attention. I looked up at him," It's not your fault." I finally said. "Yea but I know how she can be and I should've warned you or...something." "Bullets don't come with warning labels," I quoted. "No you're right," he sighed. "I'm sorry for embarrassing you, too."I uttered. "You didn't," he responded taking a step closer to me. He lifted his hand to my cheek and began to caress my face. "You don't have to sugar coat anything," I reminded him. "I'm not," Deshawn murmured against my lips as he pressed them closer to mine. I closed my eyes and kissed him back. In my head I thought, am I really kissing him right now? Yes you are, my conscience answered.
He wrapped his arms around me as the kiss became deeper and more passionate. I tugged a little at his t shirt.
Maybe tonight wasn't too bad after all.