* Man 2 Man *

• Deshawn's POV •

"Man this little jawn nice," Taj said closing my front door.
"Yeah it's straight for now," I agreed.
"Straight? It's two times bigger then my crib nigga," Taj laughed.
I laughed.
"I could just imagine throwing a house party in this joint. Bring some girls. Lots of girls," he said nodding his head as he pictured it all.
"The owner of this building don't play that shit," I told him.
T-Rock just shook his head," They tripping, but anyways man you ain't finished telling me about the letter."
"Oh yeah," I said scratching my head," I got in. I can be drafted this summer."
"My nigga," Taj said moving my head around," you gone be pro balling on'em. Damn man I knew you could do it though. After all I taught you what you know."
I rolled my eyes," Man in that case you could've been on pro train with me."
T-Rock shook his head," Nah, I'm straight. I do too much to be in the public eye. You on the other hand, you just right."
"We do things alike," I reminded.
"Yeah but the difference between me and you is you want better. I'm content in my hell hole. It's all I know."
It really was all he knew. Growing up his mama was a drug selling queen so packs were constantly being sold in big amounts in and out of their home. When we were around 12, his older sister Laiyah was killed coming out of the gas station by a rival gang member just because of who his mama was. I thought Taj was crazy because he didn't cry not once. I know I would've cried a river of that happened to my little sister. Not too much longer later his mom put him on the street game and the next year he taught me.
I nodded.
"Aye man! Where's your girl? I would expect her to be walking around here like Ashleigh used to do."
"Nah she don't do that. But we had an argument yesterday so..."
"What the hell you do?" Taj asked looking up side my head.
"Why I got to be the one to do some?!"
"Cause you cause shit. Point. Blank. Period."
I shook my head," It wasn't me. It was her. I was doing just fine. Matter of fact, I had just told her how I wanted things to be between us in the near future."
"Ok and what did she say?"
"That she might not be staying around here after graduation," I sighed.
Taj looked at me then down any the floor then back to me again. When he looked back again he laughed hysterically. I just looked back at him as if he was crazy.
"What!?" I asked.
"Man," he laughed even harder," so this the shit y'all college kids argue bout?"
"You don't take shit seriously." I said turning on the TV.
"No, no, no," Taj said grabbing his rib cage because he had laughed way to hard," I'm just saying that's not a real problem. When me and my ex argued it was over dumb stuff too but y'all just stupid. I feel like if it ain't an argument about money or cheating or trust or some thing of that nature....it's pointless."
"You don't get it," I sighed laying back on the couch.
"Nah nigga I get it. I get everything. But y'all both acting crazy over none. I mean by June you'll be a free agent or some shit and be a ball player. You will sign a contract worth more than my life, and you'll be able to fly out to see her if she do leave. Problem fucking solved."
"It ain't that easy."
"Ok well if she don't want that then fuck it. Bitches gone try to ride your stick anyways when you blow up," T- Rock shrugged.
I shook my head," So?"
"All I'm saying that shit minor. Work it the fuck out lil nigga," Taj scolded," I can tell you like this Diane chick."
"Her name is Brianne," I corrected.
"Whatever! It ain't my job to keep up with her government. That's your job and right now you slacking."
I nodded, but I had already texted her today once. And she didn't respond she just read my message. I have never been left on read before by no girl. Which made it worse since I had to put my pride aside to even text her first.

Text to:💍😍Baby💦💕
Time: 10:21 a.m.
Message: I want to talk this out baby

• Message Read @ 10:30 a.m. •

"She won't even answer me though," I told him.
Taj shrugged," Well go talk to her."
"You right," I nodded I said starting to get up.
"Whoa now," he said blocking me," I meant after I whoop your ass in 2K. You might be good on the court but as for me... I'm straight beast on the XBOX."
I laughed while getting the controllers and turning on the game system.
"You know you might just be good at this relationship stuff," I warned him.
"Yeah, I'm good at anything I try it but you know that though. I might be a project nigga but I'm not project dumb. Ya boy used to want to be a lawyer you know? Thought I could free all the homies and some other dumb stuff." T-Rock laughed.
"You still could. I could see your yellow ass in a suit talking bout some I object. You'd be good at that. It's never too late," I encouraged him.
He nodded," I'll think about it man."