* Drama Mama *

• Brianne's POV •

After the date last night, I finally decided to start speaking back to Brooklyn. Because of our talk I decided to try and mask my feelings for Deshawn since he didn't have any whatsoever for me. We were just going to be friends.

I sat in the cafeteria at the round table near the back as I always did, waiting for Brooklyn. Today they were serving pizza so I ate.
Brooklyn finally came and sat down in front of me. "So how's it going?" She asked. I shrugged," decent." Brooklyn frowned,"Last night you said you were ok, but are really?"
"Really, I am," I told her. The truth in that statement was only partial. "If you say so," she hummed taking a bite of pepperoni pizza. I looked up from my lunch tray and I saw Ashleigh. She was sashaying her way over to our table. Why?  I cried on the inside. As if she hasn't already cause enough hell in my life.
"Ashleigh's coming," I told her. Brooklyn rolled her eyes," You mean the devil in heels."
"Hi girls," she greeted with her nose in the air, once she stood at the table. Kennedi was standing right next to her eyeballing us. As always Kennedi followed the 'leader'.
"Hi," I said even though it took a lot to say it because I really wanted to tell her to go fuck off.
"What do you want?" Brooklyn asked with a snarl.
"Not you," Ashleigh answered rolling her eyes," I'm here for Brianne."
I looked up at her to see was she actually serious. "Why?" I asked rudely.
"I wanted to see how you were doing. You know after your terrible fall into the pool," she smirked.
"You pushed me," I reminded her.
"Did I? Oops," she faked a gasp," well maybe now you can catch the hint."
"What hint?" I said pushing my tray away from me. Brooklyn touched my hand because she could tell I was about to get started.
"That you need to leave D alone. He's mine and always will be," Ashleigh snorted.
"I think you're the one that needs to take a hint. He dumped you months ago, remember?"
She lowered her eyes and leaned over the table.
"Let me tell you something, ok? We may have but there's no way he will ever quit messing around with me. I mean you don't honestly think you're the only one, right?" A confused look spread across my face as I tried to grasp on to what she was trying to hint at. "Aww, ya did. See what you don't know is, is that we still be fucking. He didn't tell you that did he," Ashleigh said with a look of sadness for me. I stood up and balled my fist. One more word out of her mouth and I was going to Molly wop her starlight in the jaw. Kennedi laughed at the sight of me getting angry.
"Bri..,"Brooklyn said trying to soothe me down.
"You wouldn't," Ashleigh said shaking her head at me.
"Dare me," I growled.
"I would but," she paused rubbing her stomach," but... I wouldn't put my child at risk."
My eyes got wide. She's pregnant! I thought angrily to myself. "What!?" Brooklyn asked for me.
I shook my head. This can't be true. But I knew it was. For the most part Ashleigh was slightly tall and slim thick. She exercised at the school fitness center a lot, so her stomach was always flat. Therefore, when I looked down at the very small yet noticeable pudge in front of her I knew she was telling the truth. And for her to say she and D still fooled around I knew that that was who she was hinting at as the father. I wanted to cry because she was right. Even if he did dump her and messed around with her, he would never be out of her life. She was about to have a baby by him over the course of 9 months or less. For the next 18 years she had him trapped, and I wanted no part of it. I can't believe that today I almost convinced myself to not give up on having something with him. Maybe this is the wake up call I needed for me to officially leave Deshawn Harris Jr. alone.