* Body Language *

• Brianne's POV •

"How come your tv won't turn on?" I asked continuously pressing the on button.
"The box got a glitch or some," he called at me from the kitchen. Deshawn was beginning to fix us some popcorn to snack on while we were supposed to watch a movie.
"Well since it's not working, let's do something else," he said coming back into the living room. I guess he decided to pause on fixing the popcorn since there was no use for it with out a working tv.
"Like what?" I asked setting the remote control back down on his table. Deshawn walked over to the small closet that was adjacent to his front door. From where I sat all I could see were his jackets in there, but when he came out he had a basketball in hand. "One on one, let me test your skills," Deshawn said flashing me a smile.
I looked at him upside his head," I'd rather watch basketball than play. I'm more of a soccer or softball playing girl."
"Not today,"he said pulling me by my arm off the couch.
"How are we going to even play in here?" I asked.
"The apartment gives all its renters access to the complimentary pool, clubhouse, tennis court, and basketball court. So all we going to do is go down stairs shoot some hoops," he said spinning the ball on his fingers.
I moaned as I began to pull my jogging pants down. I looked up to see Deshawns eyes lit up as he bit his lip.
"Don't be a perv," I said lightly pushing him," I always wear shorts under my jogging pants. I figured I'd get hot staying in these."
"Mmmhhh," Deshawn giving me a snack on my butt as I opened the door. I jumped because I wasn't expecting it. Deshawn laughed," It jiggles too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"First to 21," Deshawn said tossing me the ball," ladies first."
I put one hand on my hip," What do I get if I win?"
"Why you worried about that? It's not gone happen," he joked.
"Ha ha ha," I said sarcastically," I'll have you know I'm better than you think."
"Ok then Miss King. If you win...," Deshawn rubbed his chin," then...I owe you $50."
I shook my head," I don't need your money honey. You have to... Do whatever I tell you to for the rest of the week." Deshawn nodded," Ok...and vice versa." "Deal," I said bouncing the ball. "We ain't got all night big head," Deshawn taunted playfully. I glared at him," Don't rush perfection." I dribbled up towards the three point line causing him to run up and guard me. He still kept a distance between us since he doubted my abilities. "Let me demonstrate to you how it should've went down the night you hurt your ankle," I said aiming for the net and releasing. Nothing but net. Deshawn turned around and stared at the goal and then turned back to face me. Shock as written all over his face. I smiled a toothy smile. "Ok. Ok. That's lucky."
"I don't believe in luck," I told him as he ran to get the ball. I checked him the ball once he came back allowing him to try to score on me. I stayed on him as he dribbled. He eventually stopped at the free throw line and made a jump shot over me that went in. "You just have an advantage cause your tall as fuck," I mentioned. "Sounds like loser talk little girl," he said passing me the ball. I squinted my eyes at him. I dribbled past him with the ball and made an easy lay up. Deshawn looked upset that he was getting beat by me so far. "Little boy, I said mockingly. "This some shit," he mumble under his breath. I laughed.
For the next 15 minutes this was how it was. Constant trash talking, endless shots, and teasing. The score was now 18 to 20. I surprisingly had the 20 which meant I had to make one more shot to win but if he made a 3 he could win as well. I had the ball at the moment. I wanted to win but Deshawn's ego would possibly be hurt if he lost.
Deshawn was pushing himself all up on me from behind as I tried to block him from taking the ball away. Him feeling me up was causing a major distraction in my dirty mind. That one second of me losing my focus caused me the bet and game. Deshawn was able to slap the ball out my hand and dribble to the 3 point line and score.
"Foul," I cried out.
"Nah ma it's called skills," Deshawn said wrapping me up in his arms, even though he had been sweating he still smelled like his sweet cologne that I liked. I continued to fake pout. "Don't act crazy when I ask you to do some, lil loser," Deshaen sighed bouncing the ball lightly on my head. I punched him in his stomach area but all I could grab was his muscular 6 pack. "Ouch," he said sarcastically.
We started to make our way back to the apartment as the clouds began to turn grey. "Maybe next time," he said smacking my ass once again as we reached his apartment door. "Will you stop?" I pleaded. "No you answer to me now, remember?" He smirked as he unlocked his door. He was slowly starting to make me regret this bet. It was going to be one helluva a rest of the week for me.
"Can you fix that popcorn now? I'm feeling snacky." "Yeah," he responded putting the ball back up. He jogged into the kitchen and I followed. I sat on one of the four bar stools centered around the island in his kitchen and watched him insert the bag of kernels into the microwave. Suddenly rain started to fall heavily. It hit the small kitchen window pretty hard leaving patterns of droplets. "Good thing we came inside," D said breaking the short lived silence. I nodded, "Great. Now, I have to drive back to campus in this."
"You don't have to."
"Where am I going to sleep?" I asked.
"Here," he said taking the popcorn out and shaking it to get the butter coated around it all.
"Clothes?"
"You can borrow one of my shirts. I can wash your stuff so by morning it will be clean for you to put back on whenever you leave." He suggested. It seemed like he had an answer for everything in this particular situation. Must not be something foreign for him to do. Of course not, I thought to myself.
"I don't know," I sighed. I've never not once spent the night with a guy. Ever. My parents didn't play that. They didn't care if I had a boyfriend or whatever I was not going to be like 'other girls' or 'fast'. I was going to grow up and be a respectable young woman (who was very inexperienced with certain things when it came to boys). But I felt as if I wouldn't be unsafe here with him. I trusted him enough. "But I'll stay," I said timidly. Deshawn poured the popcorn into a big blue bowl and grinned," Good."
"Can I go take a shower first?" I asked as we walked down the hall and back to the living room.
"Yeah, let me get you some to put on and show how to work the shower," he responded setting down the popcorn. He walked quickly down the hall to his room. I heard the slamming of clothing drawers. He returned with a grey V-neck T-shirt and some boxer shorts.
"All I got to spare is some boxers. I got wash all my shorts." He explained as he handed them to me.
"That's ok."
He lead me into the bathroom and fixed the shower to a temperature that was suitable enough for me. "See you in a bit," he said standing in the door way righ his hand on the knob. I nodded as I bent over to begin taking my clothes off but I stopped when I noticed he was still standing there. "Deshawn!" I fussed. "What?" He said snapping out of his daze. "Get out!" I laughed closing the door in his face," and don't eat up all the popcorn."
Once I was a 100% sure he was gone I stepped into the glass shower and began to bathe. I wondered what Deshawn was looking at anyways.